Case knife info

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Terajo33

Case knife info

Post by Terajo33 »

Hello i have 35 of these case knives. They all say nocallula collectors. And i can find info on the knives without the nocallula will this make them anu less vauable with that being on each knife?

Im sorry I shouldnt have uses this one as an example...i forgot it was parker edwards. The rest of the knives i have are case XX. But they all have the nocallula stamp on them. And i was just curious but I appreciate everyone that took time to answer. Have a good day!
Attachments
1988 parker edwards/ alabama usa/ 1 of 50 collector set
1988 parker edwards/ alabama usa/ 1 of 50 collector set
20200603_000315.jpg
20200603_000308.jpg
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case knife info

Post by herbva »

Are you sure this is a Case knife?
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

the tang looks stamped Parker Brothers, Alabama.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

mrwatch wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:18 am the tang looks stamped Parker Brothers, Alabama.
And that doesn't look like a Case ID number.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

It is a Parker Edwards knife, made in Jacksonville Alabama.
There is a city park and campground about 20 miles away in Gadsden AL called "Nocallula Falls".
These knives were probably either made for their Gift Shop, or a local knife collector's club.

My wife is from Gadsden, so I would be interested in buying one if they are for sale. PM me, if so.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

The answer to your question is that, the same as with guns, club marked and commemorative knives are worth less than not decorated but other wise identical standard production items. The exception is when the decorated item has significantly different features that can not be found on standard production guns or knives. That is not the case here. However, James Bond might bid it to the sky because he has to have serial #007.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. As others said, it’s not a Case knife.

Ken.
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Are you using the term "Case knife" to describe any pocket knife? Much like some people use the term "Crescent wrench" to describe any adjustable wrench.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Terajo33

Post by Terajo33 »

Reverand wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:41 pm It is a Parker Edwards knife, made in Jacksonville Alabama.
There is a city park and campground about 20 miles away in Gadsden AL called "Nocallula Falls".
These knives were probably either made for their Gift Shop, or a local knife collector's club.

My wife is from Gadsden, so I would be interested in buying one if they are for sale. PM me, if so.

I made a mistake by posting this photo. It is the only one that is parker edwards. How would I pm.? I just joined this 2 days ago
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Welcome, Terajo, glad you joined up.

To PM (private message) a person/member, click on their name and another window will open up. Scroll down a bit and you will see a link that says "private message the person you wish to PM...such as; Reverand. click on that and a msg box will come up for you to send him a msg.

Also, when you have time, a few pictures of your other 'Case' knives would be GREAT. That way, we can see exactly what you have and be able to provide more info. ::tu::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

::welcome::
Welcome to AAPK, Terajo33!
I apologize for not telling you that before. We are a pretty cool group of guys and girls here who all love knives, and we mostly get along really well. If you love knives and lots of family-friendly discussions about them, then you are at the right place!

Here is a link to the "Tips & Tricks" section. If you get stuck when posting pictures, or just have a "how-to" question, it is a good place to start. But, as you see, we respond to questions, too.
Again, Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay!
Jesus is life.

~Reverand
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here’s the link that Reverend meant to post: viewforum.php?f=98. (We got yer back Rev!) ::tu::

Regarding the question about how the etch affects the value, it depends. If you find a buyer having some affiliation with the place or organization represented by the etch, they might pay more. To anyone else it’s just another knife, so they are not likely to pay any more than they would for a plain un-etched equivalent knife - might not even pay as much, depending on their intended use for it.

The best way to find the current value (approximately what it might sell for) is to do an enhanced search of eBay for sold listings of the same or similar knife. Condition is everything so look for knives in relatively the same condition as your knife, or adjust accordingly. Rule of thumb is a lightly used near-mint knife is worth about half that of a mint example.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Thanks Ken. I did the "Copy", but forgot to "Paste"!
Jesus is life.

~Reverand
Terajo33

Post by Terajo33 »

Thanks a bunch and will post more😉 ::groove::
Terajo33

Post by Terajo33 »

I can get better photo quality today.
Attachments
20200604_005330.jpg
20200603_234514.jpg
20200603_234517.jpg
20200603_234423.jpg
20200603_234534.jpg
20200604_005330.jpg
20200603_234709.jpg
20200603_234722.jpg
20200604_004810.jpg
20200603_234357.jpg
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Very nice collection Terajo33! You'll have to wait for someone smarter than me to tell you anything about them. Just wanted to say welcome aboard!
Bill
Terajo33

Post by Terajo33 »

Thanks!😉
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Welcome this is a great bunch ,only been a member for a few months and learning alot,someone is always willing to share. Again Welcome and Enjoy
JP
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Now were talking! I like the yellow Congress and the Small saddle horn. It is unusual to see small Saddle horns without a left end bolster. The only others that I've seen were also made for collector clubs. I look forward to seeing the other 30 or so Case knives.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Very nice collection of knives. Welcome to All About Pocket Knives. Several have answered or posted their opinions so I won't go into that other than research will help.

The Noccalula Knife Collectors Club was or may still be a Knife Collectors Club based in Gadsden Alabama. They used to post about meetings on Tuesday Nights, but I (in my research) can't find anything more recent than 2013. Their contact info used to be For information, contact Randy Gladden, 256-458-8009, or Jimmy Champion, 205-541-1766. I found that info here https://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/DA ... 3230954/GT You may try contacting them for more information concerning the history of their club, if it's still active and maybe a background on the process they went through on contracting for their club knives or who they had to etch them.

If you decide to try selling them, you may want to post about them and what you want to sell them for here: viewforum.php?f=31

Again, Welcome to AAPK and look forward to more of your posts.

Smitty
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty

Return to “General Knife Discussion”