That's a first....walked into an estate sale,

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

That's a first....walked into an estate sale,

Post by TripleF »

and walked right back out as 2 people proclaimed..."Sir, you must wear a mask!"
No I don't and out I went!!!

Ridiculous! ::disgust::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: That's a first....walked into an estate sale,

Post by jerryd6818 »

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::clapping::

Way to go, Scottie me lad. ::tu:: ::handshake::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

I went to that same sale. It was full of mint, collectible knives. I bought a few mint Case Tested for $2 each. (just kidding)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Saw on the news yesterday that a man was attacked in a store for not wearing a mask.. Seems a mob mentality is ok when it comes to this.. No one identified because.. They were wearing masks.. ::facepalm::
John :D

rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Sounds like something that would only happen to me :D

Stay safe out there over the long weekend guys and girls. I know we have been
penned up what seems like forever. This virus is very dangerous. ( I work in a
hospital and have seen what it has done to a 37 year old nurse-he did not
catch it in a hospital)

Bob

p.s. Too bad carrying a knife would do some good on combating this epidemic.......
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...good for you, scott!!!!!.......... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ...........
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I have mixed emotions about wearing a mask and not wearing one. Everyone has a right to determine their level of freedom of choice...and to that end, I agree with whole heartedly. Personally, I wear a mask because I DON'T know who may be asymptomatic (a carrier of C-19, but not showing symptoms), so I take the 'protective' aspect of this social issue.

What the media, many mayors, governors, LE officials, etc., etc., have done is; they've pushed the elements of power to such contention that they believe that if you don't 'do as we say', then you are violating someone else's freedom...which is the most ridiculous mindset being projected. This totally goes against what our military fought and died for. They have caused a vast chasm of discourse to the extent that humanity is now taking it upon themselves to believe they can police, not only individuals, but a myriad of groups and settings, thus; causing more chaos, hateful actions and discord than the virus itself has.

On the other flip of this coin, there is a difference between being an uninformed sheeple, and being someone who desires to use logic and commonsense on a personal level, for their OWN safety. And then there are entities who honestly desire to do the right thing by helping to protect society and individuals by following proper protocol regarding a virus that is 'real'...i.e., estate sales are a prime example, and there is nothing wrong with that. Venues have a right also to establish whatever protocols they choose to protect their employees and others. These are just policies, NOT law...they're guidelines that are established for everyone who chooses to abide by them. If someone doesn't want to, so be it...that is their right. Where the issues begin is; when other people being controlled by fear seem to think and believe 'other' people who just want to be left alone need to abide by their convictions, and when they don't, these people turn violent and DEMAND people abide by their will and dictates. Well, let me tell you, it DOESN'T work that way...and never should.

In todays world, we all are walking a fine line between reason and fear, albeit, it appears fear is doing it's best to 'control' the actions of many, of which many of those actions are purely absurd. We are contending with 'power grabs' on the political levels, at ALL levels of government. IMHO, levels of government are looking at exactly how much they can get away with in controlling the public...all on the foundation and legitimacy of a virus. And they have been doing this for so long now, people are starting to wake up and are getting sick and tired of the 'control' aspect being thrown upon them. And I don't blame them one bit.

I'm not trying to convey conspiracy theories, start an argument or heated debate...that is not my intent typing my thoughts and throwing them out there. I lean toward our Constitutional rights...and Scott and anyone else has all the right in the world to not wear a mask, and he did the right thing by walking away, and he was the better man for it. ::tu::

As a side note: I've gone into places in the past two weeks without a mask on. I've received "l@@ks" and have read the body language of others due to me not wearing a mask, albeit, there were others who were not wearing masks. I've also worn a mask into businesses where I was the only one wearing a mask...and I received the "l@@ks". It's a 'catch-22' scenario that each of us have to weigh in the balances. It's an ugly world...and it's about to get worse in many places, IMHO.

I hope I've made sense in my dissertation, with no offense toward anyone who thinks or believes differently than me. ::handshake::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
eveled

Post by eveled »

It’s simple. You wear a mask to protect other people It May protect you a little. But it’s for the other people. If you don’t want to wear a mask, don’t go out in public.

Good for them for telling you that you needed one. Good for you for just leaving instead of making a scene.

This virus is killing people. It’s not a joke or a conspiracy. Some were very healthy before getting sick. Follow the guide lines or stay home. please.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

eveled wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:29 pm It’s simple. You wear a mask to protect other people It May protect you a little. But it’s for the other people. If you don’t want to wear a mask, don’t go out in public.

Good for them for telling you that you needed one. Good for you for just leaving instead of making a scene.

This virus is killing people. It’s not a joke or a conspiracy. Some were very healthy before getting sick. Follow the guide lines or stay home. please.
Well stated, eveled!
Thank you for pointing out that which should be self-evident in a supposedly christian society!
I am reminded of something I was taught as a child, a quotation generally attributed to former United States Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. (1902-1932), which states "the right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins”.
No one should have the right to wilfully endanger the life of another because of their own self-centredness!

Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Still aint wearing a mask.. I believe what I want and respect what you believe.. ::shrug::
John :D

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I think all things are breaking out this weekend, the Summer bug has bitten and people are out and about. Right now there's a car show on the Blvd, which is a normal Memorial Day event. We're doing parking lot church in the morning.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”