Queen Steel Cursive Style knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
raincrowe

Queen Steel Cursive Style knife

Post by raincrowe »

Here is a blast from the past....All this time on my hands has me looking; finding things not seen for some time.. Here is a sweet little gem I would like to feature!
A little black-handled knife not real sure of the material......one of the previous owners happen to carve there initials on the backside
The initials are E.S... It could be my uncle's knife...(His Initials are the same)... He was a WW2 veteran...Therefore the time-period would be correct... but I can't be certain of that either!!
This little two-bladed knife is 3 3/4 inches long is used but seems to be in very good condition and the only tang stamp is Queen Steel Cursive style!!
I would like to know more about this knife thanks for looking all input welcome ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_0900.JPG
IMG_0900 (3).JPG
IMG_0898 (2).JPG
IMG_0897 (2).JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Queen Steel Cursive Style knife

Post by treefarmer »

raincrowe, what you have appears to be a #10 known as a Heavy Duty Jack. The old catalogs show it to be 3 11/16" which is might close to 3 3/4".
The cursive Queen City stamp was used 1937 -'45.
The handle material is some man made material, there was a material known as "gum fuddy" that was used in some old Case knives. This may be similar stuff. ::shrug::
I have a twin to the one you have shown in your post here on my desk. The #10 has half stops and would be a great knife to carry. There is also a #18 Heavy Duty Jack, same dimensions but the main blade is a spear point rather than the clip as your knife has.
Looking through the Queen catalogs, the #10 appears to have had a name change in the '71-'72 catalog, it was then referred to as a Farmer's Clip from then on into the early 80's.
Hope this helps.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Wow..... Thank you for the great information!! ::tu::
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

That is a great looking knife, Raincrowe!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Reverand wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:03 am That is a great looking knife, Raincrowe!
Thank you!!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

You did well taincrow. Very desirable old knife. ::tu::
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

doglegg wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:48 pm You did well taincrow. Very desirable old knife. ::tu::

Thank you!!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”