Spanish Tradition-Cudeman

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Spanish Tradition-Cudeman

Post by Open Range-19 »

Recently added this Cudeman 417L. It is a nice example showing solid workmanlike construction from this Spanish manufacturer. Their is no nail nick or half stop as the wide leaf shape blade is safely manageable. Another plus for me is the pull is stout enough that the blade is not likely to inadvertently close.
Attachments
6D8C24E0-DF98-4760-B7E0-CC28BF5E9AF6.jpeg
AAD58562-5EBE-4824-9113-53A690A12D87.jpeg
C7EE72D8-C29D-4655-9CD2-E5BF3740709D.jpeg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Spanish Tradition-Cudeman

Post by edge213 »

Open Range-19 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:21 pm Recently added this Cudeman 417L. It is a nice example showing solid workmanlike construction from this Spanish manufacturer. Their is no nail nick or half stop as the wide leaf shape blade is safely manageable. Another plus for me is the pull is stout enough that the blade is not likely to inadvertently close.
Really cool knife!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Open Range-19 »

Thanks edge, that blade shape drew me in.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Open Range-19 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:52 am Thanks edge, that blade shape drew me in.
Very cool knife! What kind of wood is that? Perhaps olive wood? ::tu:: ::tu::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Open Range-19 »

herbva,
Yep, you pegged it. A nice example of olive wood. Happy to find both sides were figured. The manufacturer showed care on there choice for matching scales.
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

I picked up a Cudeman Classic with bullhorn handle recently. Handsome little slipjoint, my only complaint is with the strength of the spring. The blade is pinchable and opens easily enough. It is just extremely stiff in the open position. I appreciate how secure it is, but it is very difficult to close, particularly with its slick handles. With other strong slipjoints, I can slowly push it out of position. With my Cudeman I have to keep applying more pressure until the joint "breaks" rather suddenly. Needless to say, not a knife I'll be loaning out to anyone.
20191221_002630 (2).jpg
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I have a few Cudeman as I like Spanish navajas. Yours is particularly nice. Can I enquire where you got it? I’d like to add it to my collection. Thanks Oscar
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

I'm trying to recall. I probably found it on sale on ebay. The model is called "Cudeman Classic" and you can find it on Amazon, Knifeworks, Kinfecountryusa and probably some other retailers. It comes in bullhorn or olive wood handles.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks for the information. I must get one ! Oscar
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Return to “European-made knives”