Keep or sell

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Keep or sell

Post by Camillus »

I have two Bulldog prototype knives made with Apple Coral scales that are becoming very rare in collecting this brand,
I’m not sure if I should sell them as a pair or individuals?
Or sell my collection of Bulldog Knives including these two rare knives.

Camillus
Attachments
DB642CD9-1886-4570-A527-B8F7CF651F35.jpeg
A304FAD9-6CB7-4B83-93B7-452DEF4C6DF8.jpeg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Keep or sell

Post by Quick Steel »

If I were able to buy, I would buy the Congress as I already have the Scout which I am very fond of. Have you posted any photos of your collection on the Bulldog thread or elsewhere?
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Camillus wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:56 am I have two Bulldog prototype knives made with Apple Coral scales that are becoming very rare in collecting this brand,
I’m not sure if I should sell them as a pair or individuals?
Or sell my collection of Bulldog Knives including these two rare knives.

Camillus
Knives seem to do better sold individually for some reason. I like getting sets and have several Case mint sets, but trying to sell them as a set doesn’t bring enough. But then you look on ebay and see someone selling one knife from the set and it’s bringing almost as much as both cost originally. I can’t figure that out for anything.
If I were buying a collection, I would pay more per piece if it has nice knives still in the collection and not picked over and only getting the left overs.
But if you have a store or an ebay account and you want to do all the work, you will always get more selling it off individually.
Good luck and if you need help, just ask.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Kulrich

Post by Kulrich »

Technically they are not a set, they are individual protos. I would recommend if selling, to sell by the piece. As far as selling your collection you would get more by the piece. I have sold both ways, the only reason I ever sold a set as a set, was more personal, I just did not want to break them up even though I knew I would get more money. I also knew that I would never sell them off individually, just me. Best of luck.
Freedom: You have the right to be you, I have the right to be free of you.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”