Italian elegance

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
OSCAR

Italian elegance

Post by OSCAR »

46BD2A24-46A5-4267-A1AF-401DCD16E87C.jpeg
I have several Italian knives in my collection, but this is my first Maserin. It won’t be my last. Came by mail today and I am very pleased. Slip joint with half stop. Paper Micarta handle. D2 steel that is about as sharp as a freshly honed straight razor. Fit and finish is first rate. Can’t wait to get more from this brand.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Italian elegance

Post by Quick Steel »

The Italians have a flair for design in many areas including knives. The materials used in your knife are first rate. ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

It looks very sleek. Can you post a picture with blade closed ? And, what is closed length ? and price range ?
Very attractive knife.
kj
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Hey Joe:
The closed length is 4 1/8 inches. Price was very good at $46.95. I ordered it online from AG Russell. There is absolutely no play in the blade. No wobble whatsoever. The fit is first rate. There is very slight variation in the color of the handles which I don’t see as a flaw, but rather the characteristics of using paper micarta. The liners are stainless steel. It has a lanyard hole, if you choose to add one. Has a half stop, and a crisp audible snap.
27C7A165-C82C-4790-87C8-7B5167373618.jpeg
Closed length is that of a full size trapper. I love the design and I intended to use it for EDC. The D2 is razor sharp. Once I saw and handled it, I am reluctant to use it but rather keep it in my collection pristine. I may order another as a carry knife. It also is available with black handles, also of paper micarta. Hope you find this helpful. -Oscar
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you Oscar. Very Helpful !
I too think ~ 4" is good size for a knife to carry with you. No need for anything larger. And the price is about half of what i thought it would be.
And super sharp D2 ! ::woot::
All this means i actually need one and i really like the blue.
kj
sidpost

Post by sidpost »

Checkout the Maserin "Plow" models which are an improved Sodbuster. A lot of knife for the money. ::groove::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks Sid. I definitely will. After seeing the one I purchased, they seem to be an excellent value.

Return to “European-made knives”