Son & Dad Cutlery Co.

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Son & Dad Cutlery Co.

Post by dlr110 »

I've looked here on AAPK, on many websites and I can't find anything on this brand. ::shrug:: There is nothing on the presentation can for any contact info. Does anyone have any history or know where I might look to get some info on this company. ::hmm:: Thank you very much.
20200123_112937 - Copy.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Son & Dad Cutlery Co.

Post by Reverand »

This is not definitive, but I found some eBay listings that appear to be new knives, and it says that they originate in Pakistan.
They look like decent quality knives from the pictures, but you would just have to look one over in person, and try it out for a while to know.
I personally don't buy Pakistan-made knives because I had some that were pitiful quality years ago, but they may be much better now.
I do have a few well made Chinese-manufactured knives, but other people avoid them.
YMMV

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2492540365
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

From everything I've seen on the internet, I'm going to have to agree with the Reverand. Most likely a Chinese or Pakistan import.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The "Son & Dad" name is to appeal to use old guys. These knives have been around for awhile, longer than 5 years anyway. I wonder if the owner of this brand is American ? It is someone who understands the appeal of "Son & Dad", a father and son knife making team. Disappointing to find out that the maker is a factory in Pakistan.
kj
just bob

Post by just bob »

Not on here but you might save this. I think I have pics of some if I can find them.

http://apg2k.hegewisch.net/wow-6.html#g
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

That link is a very helpful reference to find out where most of the current knife brands are made. Thanks for posting it.
kj

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”