It's In The Mail

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Old Hunter

Re: It's In The Mail

Post by Old Hunter »

Really mint and really nice Paul! Good find. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

TPK wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:34 am
KleenCut61 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:32 am Went For Broke ….Lol These westerns Are NICE !!
Like that short line & the 72Y Skip! ::tu:: :D

I just bought these two. First one is a C. Schlieper. ::tu::
Tom
Thank you Tom. I like those knives of yours also. ::tu::

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:42 am [quote=New_Windsor_NY post_id=786330 time=<a href="tel:1578874835">1578874835</a> user_id=31046]
I just acquired this Camillus 72 "short line" for best offer. When I receive it, I'll give it the once over, take some pictures and post them in the appropriate location(s). Here it is.
Ha! I had that one in my watch list, but I decided to save my money. Good work - you stole it! :lol:

Thank you TFL. ::tu::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I'd been looking at this Remington for quite some time. It was $50, with free shipping. Got one of those eBay "Private Offers" y from the seller for $40, and bit on it. First nice knife I've bought in a while. The Cordura sheath was supplied by the seller but is not original. Remington supplied these with open-top crossdraw leather sheaths, which I wasn't very confident about. I guess I can get a leather sheath made for the knife. The knife is supposedly new-old-stock that had lost the leather sheath. Remington came out with the Elite Series in 2006. I bought this for a woods carry, and heavy-duty EDC. 4.5" is on the big side, but not too big for EDC.

My information comes from the Remington website announcement about the series.

https://www.remington.com/news/2006/rem ... ing-hunter

Elite Series II 4.5" Hunting Knife: 440C steel, 4 1/2" closed, 3 3/8 blade. Aluminum handles with 3M "sandpaper" inserts. There is no clip at all on this knife. Made in Italy, by whom I don't know. I first thought Maserin, but nothing in their catalog matches it. I'm leaning more towards Fox as the maker who was contracted. It seems more like their style.
s-l1600.jpgREH1.jpg
s-l1600.jpgREH3.jpg
s-l500REH4.jpg
s-l500.jpgREH2.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I like the design of this knife very much. ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Quick Steel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:19 pm I like the design of this knife very much. ::tu::
I second that Gary, that blade profile looks very usable. Great find Cody ::tu:: .
Willy :D
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
TPK

Post by TPK »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:43 pm Well I got lucky last night and ran into a schrade walden 899 on ebay. Peachseed bone and looks mint as can be for its age. Buy it now price was good.

IMG_6575.PNG
IMG_6569.PNG
Cool & Congrats! ::tu:: Nice score! :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I just obtained this pocket knife for "best offer." It's a Camillus, split spring, whittler pocket knife. All 3 blades have the 4 line tang stamp. Considering that these don't appear on the market that often, I jumped on it. When it arrives, I'll give it the once over. I'll take and post some pictures in the appropriate location(s).
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (16.51 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (37.33 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (11.73 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Found this at what I thought was a good price so it's coming to join it's brothers. Not something I'm really enthralled with but I've had the green camo edition for quite some time so decided this one should join it. You might say I picked it up on a whim. Of course none of you have never done that. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Case 2014 Mini-Trapper LT207-SS Pink Camo Synthetic Handles - Labeled.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:56 am Found this at what I thought was a good price so it's coming to join it's brothers. Not something I'm really enthralled with but I've had the green camo edition for quite some time so decided this one should join it. You might say I picked it up on a whim. Of course none of you have never done that. :mrgreen:
I didn't figure you as a pink knife kind of guy Jerry. ::poke::
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Paul, I'm just full of surprises. :mrgreen:

I just got it because it's a Mini-T and the seller accepted my bottom feeder offer. Shocked the bejesus out of me.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:56 am Found this at what I thought was a good price so it's coming to join it's brothers. Not something I'm really enthralled with but I've had the green camo edition for quite some time so decided this one should join it. You might say I picked it up on a whim. Of course none of you have never done that. :mrgreen:
Sheppard Hills sells the pink camo. The pattern has changed to a more woodsy theme.
Been thinking about picking one up for my granddaughter ::hmm::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
TPK

Post by TPK »

Whatever floats your boat I guess. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: LOL!

Nice knife Jerry! Will fit well in your collection of mini T's & you should know that we're just jealous. ::tu:: ::super_happy::

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Say Jerry that same CASE knife was soon going to be a purchase for me. The reason, on all of my grandchildren's 10th birthday they get a knife from me. I have 13 grandkids, 8 already have their knives, so 5 more to go. I have a granddaughter's 10th coming up this year and I don't have too many pink, purple, violet ect knives in my collection. :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 pm Say Jerry that same CASE knife was soon going to be a purchase for me. The reason, on all of my grandchildren's 10th birthday they get a knife from me. I have 13 grandkids, 8 already have their knives, so 5 more to go. I have a granddaughter's 10th coming up this year and I don't have too many pink, purple, violet ect knives in my collection. :D
Have you considered Victorinox? They have some girly handles in the Classic SD line. They'll even put the individual's name on the knife.

eBay 2,096 choices: ---► https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... d&_sacat=0
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

Schrade Cut Co "S8606 Shac" (as pictured in 1936 Supplement to Catalog E).
S8606 Shac - 1936 supplement.jpg
21a.jpg
22.jpg
(edited because I strayed off thread topic)
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
TPK

Post by TPK »

bladecollectorr wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:09 pm Schrade Cut Co "S8606 Shac" (as pictured in 1936 Supplement to Catalog E).
S8606 Shac - 1936 supplement.jpg21a.jpg22.jpg

(edited because I strayed off thread topic)
Oh that's a cool little Schrade! Wasn't aware they made any like that. Nice find! ::tu:: :D

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

As long as the 34OT has been around and as MANY as you see on the bay.....
I finally found a Schrade-Walden 34OT...
It's not the best but it will do for now.
Walden 34 OT.jpg
I will soon have the original 5 Schrade Walden stamped (folding) Old Timers in my nasty little hands (and in my collection)....
The 8OT, the 25OT, the 34OT, the 108OT and the 125OT....
Yay....
LOL

:D
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:47 pm
dlr110 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 pm Say Jerry that same CASE knife was soon going to be a purchase for me. The reason, on all of my grandchildren's 10th birthday they get a knife from me. I have 13 grandkids, 8 already have their knives, so 5 more to go. I have a granddaughter's 10th coming up this year and I don't have too many pink, purple, violet ect knives in my collection. :D
Have you considered Victorinox? They have some girly handles in the Classic SD line. They'll even put the individual's name on the knife.

I have, but I don't think it would work. They have all seen my display cases and all the ones "hidden" in my big jewelers cabinet and they have their hopes up for a nice Case Barlow or a Buck Stockman. We may have to negotiate about that.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:56 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:47 pm

I have, but I don't think it would work. They have all seen my display cases and all the ones "hidden" in my big jewelers cabinet and they have their hopes up for a nice Case Barlow or a Buck Stockman. We may have to negotiate about that.
Well sugar. Fooling kids gets harder all the time. I just figured the Victorinox would be more "girly" but apparently "girly" isn't what they're looking forward to.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:36 pm As long as the 34OT has been around and as MANY as you see on the bay.....
I finally found a Schrade-Walden 34OT...
It's not the best but it will do for now.
Walden 34 OT.jpg
I will soon have the original 5 Schrade Walden stamped (folding) Old Timers in my nasty little hands (and in my collection)....
The 8OT, the 25OT, the 34OT, the 108OT and the 125OT....
Yay....
LOL

I can't say I've ever seen a Schrade Walden 34OT, despite the 34OT being Schrade's best seller for many years. I have one from the '70s-early 80s (first knife I ever had) with the SCHRADE NEW YORK USA tang stamp, then another from the late '80s. They are cheap, and kinda hard to resist, but so far, I have. I don't see why not, given I already have more Camillus Electricians than I can shake a stick at.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

cody6268 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:11 pm

I can't say I've ever seen a Schrade Walden 34OT, despite the 34OT being Schrade's best seller for many years. I have one from the '70s-early 80s (first knife I ever had) with the SCHRADE NEW YORK USA tang stamp, then another from the late '80s. They are cheap, and kinda hard to resist, but so far, I have. I don't see why not, given I already have more Camillus Electricians than I can shake a stick at.
There is at least 3 different production tang stamps on the 34OT.... (NOT counting the chinese stamps)
The one above plus....

SCHRADE
NY USA
34OT

and

SCHRADE
USA 34OT

Hunting down tang stamps is like unto opening a can of worms......
(BUT.... every body needs a little fish bait!!)
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Well, I hope I didn't make anyone HERE mad BUT.... I got me a new (OLD) Old Timer over the weekend.
This one needs some help but I think it will dress up nicely. The main blade shows some use but not just a whole bunch. The mark side cover is badly busted up.....It looks solid and NOT very abused.
Here it is.... On the way ....

The 2OT I snatched out from under somebody.....
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
mark side.jpg
::clapping::
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:28 pm Well, I hope I didn't make anyone HERE mad BUT.... I got me a new (OLD) Old Timer over the weekend.
This one needs some help but I think it will dress up nicely. The main blade shows some use but not just a whole bunch. The mark side cover is badly busted up.....It looks solid and NOT very abused.
Here it is.... On the way ....

The 2OT I snatched out from under somebody.....

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
mark side.jpg

::clapping::

Excellent score! I think that might be among the best for 2020. As I understand, 2OTs are rarer than hen's teeth.

I wonder, what are you rehandling it with? Keep it close to original, or something fancy?
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

I have three C's on the way. A case, a cattaraugus and a camillus.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

cody6268 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:32 pm
Excellent score! I think that might be among the best for 2020. As I understand, 2OTs are rarer than hen's teeth.

I wonder, what are you rehandling it with? Keep it close to original, or something fancy?
Thanks!!
Definitely my best score for the year! (AND a few past years too)
My plan is to replace the busted cover on the mark side and do a little clean-up.
I want to keep it as original as possible.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”