Featherstone and Durber

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Pdurber

Featherstone and Durber

Post by Pdurber »

Hi, any collectors or people in the know have any idea's on how much this pocket knife is worth. Picked it up a couple of years ago due to having the same surname but looking to sell it now if anyone has any info it would be very much appreciated. Regards Paul
Attachments
20200114_071308.jpg
20200114_071256.jpg
20200114_071242.jpg
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Featherstone and Durber

Post by KLJ77 »

Welcome to AAPK! ::tu::

You didn't mention whether you know the history of your knife or not, so I'll provide a brief note. It appears you have a Jeff Durber designed knife, produced at some period of time between 1993 - 2001. As to knowing a price point to put on your knife, I would say its up to you. He only made/designed knives for 8 years, so any of his knives out there may, or may not, be valuable or a collectors item without knowing how popular he was, or how popular his knives were. ::shrug:: You 'may' have a one-of-a-kind knife, but that is pure speculation and one would need to know more about Durber himself and how many knives he designed and produced.

"Jeff Durber established Featherstone & Durber with partner Sarah Featherstone in 1993 and developed a range of pocket knives and related products. Nowadays he works as a lecturer in Metalwork & Jewellery at Sheffield Hallam University, having ceased professional knifemaking in 2001."

Here's a video of him working a knife:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bueg3bxPtb8
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Pdurber

Re: Featherstone and Durber

Post by Pdurber »

KLJ77 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:39 pm Welcome to AAPK! ::tu::

You didn't mention whether you know the history of your knife or not, so I'll provide a brief note. It appears you have a Jeff Durber designed knife, produced at some period of time between 1993 - 2001. As to knowing a price point to put on your knife, I would say its up to you. He only made/designed knives for 8 years, so any of his knives out there may, or may not, be valuable or a collectors item without knowing how popular he was, or how popular his knives were. ::shrug:: You 'may' have a one-of-a-kind knife, but that is pure speculation and one would need to know more about Durber himself and how many knives he designed and produced.

"Jeff Durber established Featherstone & Durber with partner Sarah Featherstone in 1993 and developed a range of pocket knives and related products. Nowadays he works as a lecturer in Metalwork & Jewellery at Sheffield Hallam University, having ceased professional knifemaking in 2001."

Here's a video of him working a knife:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bueg3bxPtb8
Thanks for the welcome and I had looked into his History a little bit with me sharing the same surname etc. With not many of the knives about it's difficult to get a valuation....can't find another for sale anywhere!?!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”