Case family brands Crandall cutlery

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Hoho

Case family brands Crandall cutlery

Post by Hoho »

Hi guys..any of y’all know anything about this knife? Kinda made a blind trade with a guy and don’t really know much about it..I just liked the knife!😁
F665824A-F836-42C4-9631-92AADF69160D.png
Attachments
96E6D3F1-F899-48D8-9EF8-AC300F613CA1.png
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case family brands Crandall cutlery

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I think your thread title said it all. It’s one of the knives produced by Case for their “Family Brands” release. The three X’s on the tang are for 2007 IIRC. Nice looking knife!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Hoho

Post by Hoho »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:55 pm I think your thread title said it all. It’s one of the knives produced by Case for their “Family Brands” release. The three X’s on the tang are for 2007 IIRC. Nice looking knife!

Ken
Thank you sir..any idea on value?? I traded 2 slightly used 2015 trappers for it
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Case Family Brand Knives of various kinds and patterns are fairly common on eBay so your best bet for value is to do an advanced search there for comparable sold listings. If you find a “Crandall” in that pattern just look for a Case - there won’t be much if any difference in value. In general my observation is that mint Case knives from that period sell for about 20% less than they sold for new, adjusted for inflation. There are exceptions. JMO

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

I like large Coke bottle knives and have bought most of mine through evil bay auctions. I'd expect that one to sell for $45 to $65 plus shipping. Case Crandalls often are not bid as high as knives that are prominently marked Case. I presume that is because they have less name recognition and or sometimes do not come up in searches for Case. You did not get a great bargain but trappers are every where and large Coke bottles are not. I probably would have made that trade.

I like the color of the bone very much.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”