What Are These Parts Of Or From???

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

What Are These Parts Of Or From???

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Greetings gurus of cutlery! I was going through a box of stuff that a friend of mine had given to me about 8 years ago. He is no longer able to answer any questions. I found a baggie with these items in it. There was no note or anything else that would tell me what they are a part of or what they are from. Maybe someone out there in AAPK land can provide some answers. The pictures are of all the items in the baggie. There are two wood "handles/grips." There are two metallic, magnetic "guards" and there are two leather "spacers." The handles/grips are each 1 7/8" long and go from 1 3/8" wide, tapering down to 1 1/4" wide. The metal guards are 2" long x 1" wide. The slot is 3/4" long and just a hair over 1/8" wide. They are semi-oval shaped. The leather spacers are 1 1/4" long x 7/8" wide. The slot is 3/4" long and just a hair over 1/8" wide. They are oval shaped. I also have the "retaining" ring that goes on the bottom (not pictured). Sorry, there was no blade(s) included with these parts. Are these parts for two separate knives, or are they parts for one knife? Any and all information is appreciated. ::tu::
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Gunsil

Re: What Are These Parts Of Or From???

Post by Gunsil »

Hi Skip, they look like they may be from an EGW (Waterman) knife. He made utility type fixed blades during WW2 and a little afterward. Some had leather washer handles and some had wood handles. I probably have one lying around somewhere but danged if I know right where it is. If you google EGW knife and go to "images" you will see a lot with leather and some with the wood handles. I am pretty sure that is what the parts are from.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: What Are These Parts Of Or From???

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Gunsil wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:37 pm Hi Skip, they look like they may be from an EGW (Waterman) knife. He made utility type fixed blades during WW2 and a little afterward. Some had leather washer handles and some had wood handles. I probably have one lying around somewhere but danged if I know right where it is. If you google EGW knife and go to "images" you will see a lot with leather and some with the wood handles. I am pretty sure that is what the parts are from.
Gene, you're the man! That's the knife for sure. Thank you and have a safe Thanksgiving. ::handshake::
I guess all I have to find is a blade and I'll have a complete knife. The last or bottom picture is of MY parts "roughly" assembled.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (19.07 KiB) Viewed 835 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (22.39 KiB) Viewed 835 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (28.01 KiB) Viewed 835 times
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip