What to expect? First Case Knives event.

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

What to expect? First Case Knives event.

Post by TripleF »

Visited the largest WR CASE Knife dealer in the Southeast last year, right here about 30 minutes from where I live. Harvey's Hardware
in Land O' Lakes, FL!

Plan on attending their event 11/9.

Any tips on what to expect/do?

TIA!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Elmo

Re: What to expect? First Case Knives event.

Post by Elmo »

You will want to get there early if you are wanting the event knife. Not sure what pattern they will offer at Land of Lakes, but this is the event knife from the event at Union Grove General Store.
5F4559D7-4033-42A0-AD1E-42540DC5029C.jpeg
A Barlow. They are limited in number, I think 100 per event but different patterns.
“Everyday is a good day. Some days are more comfortable than others.”- My Dad.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Dang, Scott. You're branching out. Spreading your wings as it were. You go boy. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

There will likely be some knives and Case related items (hats, coffee mugs, etc) given away. You'll need to sign up (put your name in the pot) for hourly drawings to win something. You'll have a chance to meet a lot of great people - don't be bashful just introduce yourself.

Case will have several representatives there and there will be some Case Collectors Club members. All of those folks will likely be wearing name tags. Lots of Case knives being shown and talked about so bring a few if you want to sell or swap. And there will probably be a couple of Case employees sharpening knives - no charge but you may have to wait in line a few minutes which is no problem - just more folks to talk knives with. :lol:

Bring money if you want to buy something - otherwise it's all free! Take some pictures and give us a report. Have fun!

Ken

Edit: according to the CCC site the "Event knife" for the Harvey's Hardware event this year is the Russlock. There were 75 made with special customization. ::shrug::
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Don't expect estate sale or pawn shop prices ...... :roll:
$ $ $

I find it best to already have in your mind what you are looking for.
Maybe then you don't get sensory overload from all the shiny !
::ds::
If the show is small enough, try to make a lap before you buy.
See what you like and note location. Otherwise you might buy one and then find one better.

HAVE FUN !!!!!
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:14 pm There will likely be some knives and Case related items (hats, coffee mugs, etc) given away. You'll need to sign up (put your name in the pot) for hourly drawings to win something. You'll have a chance to meet a lot of great people - don't be bashful just introduce yourself.

Case will have several representatives there and there will be some Case Collectors Club members. All of those folks will likely be wearing name tags. Lots of Case knives being shown and talked about so bring a few if you want to sell or swap. And there will probably be a couple of Case employees sharpening knives - no charge but you may have to wait in line a few minutes which is no problem - just more folks to talk knives with. :lol:

Bring money if you want to buy something - otherwise it's all free! Take some pictures and give us a report. Have fun!

Ken

Edit: according to the CCC site the "Event knife" for the Harvey's Hardware event this year is the Russlock. There were 75 made with special customization. ::shrug::
Many thanks Ken!!! Much appreciated!!
royal0014 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:37 pm Don't expect estate sale or pawn shop prices ...... :roll:
$ $ $

I find it best to already have in your mind what you are looking for.
Maybe then you don't get sensory overload from all the shiny !
::ds::
If the show is small enough, try to make a lap before you buy.
See what you like and note location. Otherwise you might buy one and then find one better.

HAVE FUN !!!!!
Thanks for the info Chris! Not really planning on buying anything, just taking in the event. I just have an impossible time paying full retain for anything except underwear.
SCOTT

hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

At some Case Knife Events, there is an informal dinner the night before for everyone who is going to the Event the next day. Often at the diner's expense, but it is a great time to meet folks and talk knives. And during the event, there may be an auction or three for various Case knives. Sometimes the dealer will have special discounts on Case knives purchased during the event.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

hardman wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:27 pm At some Case Knife Events, there is an informal dinner the night before for everyone who is going to the Event the next day. Often at the diner's expense, but it is a great time to meet folks and talk knives. And during the event, there may be an auction or three for various Case knives. Sometimes the dealer will have special discounts on Case knives purchased during the event.

Thanks Gary!!

BTW, they're featuring the Russlock knives.....oh and I am NOT a fan of that opening/locking system in any shape way or form!
SCOTT

espn77

Post by espn77 »

TripleF wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:44 pm
BTW, they're featuring the Russlock knives.....oh and I am NOT a fan of that opening/locking system in any shape way or form!
If your not a fan avoid buying them. ::shrug::
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

espn77 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:19 am
TripleF wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:44 pm
If your not a fan avoid buying them. ::shrug::
Thanks CO!! lol
SCOTT

Return to “General Knife Discussion”