Sign of the times

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Sign of the times

Post by carrmillus »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 pm My wife and I journeyed into the city yesterday, and stopped at a recently opened chain sandwich shop for lunch. Upon entering the place immediately on the right were 3 touchpad "kiosks" from which customers can enter orders and pay, and select a vacant table to have their order delivered to when it is ready. There were three twenty-somethings, one at each tablet, placing their orders.

Directly ahead upon entering is a conventional counter with three staff employees with cash registers, and a huge menu board behind them. You can read the board and talk to a real live human being there! No customers were there until my wife and I walked up, ordered and paid.

It has gotten to the point that you can order and receive your meal without ever having to interface with another human, and that is apparently the preferred choice of the present generation. ::facepalm::

Ken
...........only place I like to eat out at is a place that opened in 1942-"johnnie's drive -in" everything is still like it was when I was a kid, and the doughburgers are still the same!!!!............. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 pmIt has gotten to the point that you can order and receive your meal without ever having to interface with another human, and that is apparently the preferred choice of the present generation. ::facepalm::
Well it's much safer and more comfortable to the sensibilities than to risk interaction with another human who could be offensive in some way.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

carrmillus wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:34 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 pm My wife and I journeyed into the city yesterday, and stopped at a recently opened chain sandwich shop for lunch. Upon entering the place immediately on the right were 3 touchpad "kiosks" from which customers can enter orders and pay, and select a vacant table to have their order delivered to when it is ready. There were three twenty-somethings, one at each tablet, placing their orders.

Directly ahead upon entering is a conventional counter with three staff employees with cash registers, and a huge menu board behind them. You can read the board and talk to a real live human being there! No customers were there until my wife and I walked up, ordered and paid.

It has gotten to the point that you can order and receive your meal without ever having to interface with another human, and that is apparently the preferred choice of the present generation. ::facepalm::

Ken
...........only place I like to eat out at is a place that opened in 1942-"johnnie's drive -in" everything is still like it was when I was a kid, and the doughburgers are still the same!!!!............. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
Sounds like my kind of place. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:07 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 pmIt has gotten to the point that you can order and receive your meal without ever having to interface with another human, and that is apparently the preferred choice of the present generation. ::facepalm::
Well it's much safer and more comfortable to the sensibilities than to risk interaction with another human who could be offensive in some way.
Very clever and very funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:07 pm
I think you're onto something Paul. Nowadays you never know who might think they've been offended, and by what! :roll: Seems that everyone is a "victim" of something.

Sincere and perfectly innocent compliments, or offers to help someone, seem to be objectionable to some people. At least, that's what the news media would have us believe - haven't seen much of it around here. ::shrug::

Fits right into the "Sign of the times" subject of this thread.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::woot:: I was waiting in line at our local McDonald's when one of the kids told me I could use the kiosk. I told her I'd just as soon wait and she said if I needed help with it she'd show me how to use it. Really didn't need her help I'm old not stupid. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”