Found a few uncle Henrys

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
GardenGram

Found a few uncle Henrys

Post by GardenGram »

Think I'm going to get them. From memory they were

Mitey mite
Gambler
167uh fillet
168uh fillet
Double bladed large folding hunter and a couple more folders

Also.......old timer sharpfinger and one like sharpfinger with gut hook

All are brand new in box usa made from a collection

Thoughts? New to collecting and wondering how desirable these are? Thanks. GardenGram
kootenay joe

Re: Found a few uncle Henrys

Post by kootenay joe »

Garden, all USA made Schrades are collectible. What is important is condition. It is best to buy knives that have never been used. Lightly used is o.k. as long as there is no 'damage' like original blade tip still present, no handle cracks etc. And don't 'over pay'. Schrades with Delrin handles are not expensive collectibles.
kj
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

There is a side to collecting us Schrades that KJ left out, not only are they collectible but they are also desirable as using knives. Even if they have been used and sharpen and they have Dents & Dings , there are those of us who think that those just add character.

Schrade make good tools and they have a value as tools aside from collectible value.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have lots of well used Schrades. Earlier on in my collecting i was thrilled to obtain any Schrade knife. Now that i am 'winding down' in life and need to sell my knives i find that almost no one wants a well used Schrade whereas the few minty Schrades i have do sell. I would have been smarter to have paid a little more and collected never used or only lightly used knives.
kj
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

kootenay joe wrote:I have lots of well used Schrades. Earlier on in my collecting i was thrilled to obtain any Schrade knife. Now that i am 'winding down' in life and need to sell my knives i find that almost no one wants a well used Schrade whereas the few minty Schrades i have do sell. I would have been smarter to have paid a little more and collected never used or only lightly used knives.
kj
Seems to be a pattern of a lot of us Roland. ::handshake::
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I found these two Uncle Henrys recently, both are unused. The larger one is the 227UH 5 1/4"Folding Hunter with box and sheath, the box is a little raggedy. The smaller one is the 285UH Trapper at 3 7/8". Both are the Made in USA models.
IMG_3118.JPG
IMG_3119.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Wow..... those are a couple of NICE ones!

Congrats on the find!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Looks like you did good OC. The hunter is a favorite of mine. Both look new. Congrats. ::tu:: ::nod::
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

GardenGram wrote:Think I'm going to get them. From memory they were

Mitey mite
Gambler
167uh fillet
168uh fillet
Double bladed large folding hunter and a couple more folders

Also.......old timer sharpfinger and one like sharpfinger with gut hook

All are brand new in box usa made from a collection

Thoughts? New to collecting and wondering how desirable these are? Thanks. GardenGram
Those are not uncommon models but are fairly desirable in unused condition, like most usa schrades. For the fixed blades and folding hunter I would not exceed the $50 or so range per knife, and that is on the high side. For the smaller folders I would say no more than around $30 a piece, again that's on the high side. You can give or take a little on these estimates if you wish. If they don't have the boxes I would pay slightly less than the estimates.

Collecting delrin schrades is not too expensive relative to some of the other collectible knives out there, and there's no reason to pay a ton of money for them. With as many as there are out there it should stay that way for years to come.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”