Paul

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
emma

Paul

Post by emma »

I have found a small knife with Paul Pocket knife - Paul - on one side and 2003 usa on the other side - - it is missing all of the opening apparatus
I once had some of the parts but they have been lost. Is there anyone who can repair this little knife it seems to be of decent quality but it needs all of the parts related to its axial? opening.
thanks in advance from a new member
FRJ

Re: Paul

Post by FRJ »

Welcome emma, here are two Paul knives each from a different era.
Does your knife look like one of these?

Good luck with your knife.
Attachments
DSCN0319.JPG
DSCN0321.JPG
DSCN0322.JPG
DSCN0323.JPG
DSCN0325.JPG
Joe
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

emma wrote:I have found a small knife with Paul Pocket knife - Paul - on one side and 2003 usa on the other side - - it is missing all of the opening apparatus
I once had some of the parts but they have been lost. Is there anyone who can repair this little knife it seems to be of decent quality but it needs all of the parts related to its axial? opening.
thanks in advance from a new member
Greetings, emma.

From your description, I suspect that your Paul Knife is one of the sundry versions manufactured by Lone Wolf Knives of Wilsonville, Oregon. Lone Wolf was a business venture of several former Gerber employees; it was founded in 2001 and was sold to Benchmade Knife Company of Oregon City, Oregon in 2010. As far as I know, Benchmade did not continue to make any Paul Poehlmann designed knives or any other knives utilising his Axial Lock mechanism. There is a slim chance that Benchmade might still have some parts from the Lone Wolf buyout—you could try giving them a call.

For reference, I have included a photograph of one of the most commonly encountered Paul Knives from the Lone Wolf era. The image is not my own—I found it in an internet image search and am not sure who to credit it to.
D4B06058-BAE1-4D2C-A9F8-437CE742A3DB.jpeg
Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves
just bob

Post by just bob »

Those are some nice looking knives! Thanks for taking the time to post pictures.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
emma

Post by emma »

Yes that is the knife - seems doubtful I can find the parts - But thank you everyone and if anyone has an idea I'll keep reading all about pocket knives.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”