Package arrives with wrong items? But wait....

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Package arrives with wrong items? But wait....

Post by TripleF »

I ordered knives on ebay. Package arrives with watch parts/faces.

Ok. No biggee...contact the seller, she says NO, I didn't send
you the wrong items......I've never seen those watch parts before

:shock: :shock:

What do you all make of that?
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Greenman

Re: Package arrives with wrong items? But wait....

Post by Greenman »

That’s a bit odd.
Is the seller using some sort of third party packaging/shipping service?
::shrug::
Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Does the package have your address on it? Could it have been shipped to someone else from a different seller and somehow landed in your mailbox?
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Greenman wrote:That’s a bit odd.
Is the seller using some sort of third party packaging/shipping service?
::shrug::
No....she said she packed it herself!!!
Railsplitter wrote:Does the package have your address on it? Could it have been shipped to someone else from a different seller and somehow landed in your mailbox?
Yup, my address, handwritten by her....and she acknowledged after I sent her a pic.
SCOTT

Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I'd find out what meds she is on and try to get some!! I don't sell a lot on ebay, but I did once send wrong packages to wrong people and paid return postage so I could get them to the proper buyers. Once put wrong item in box too, but buyer actually like the wrong item and kept it and gave me good feedback. Regarding mistakes, and old friend of mine would always say "that's why they put erasers on pencils" every time he screwed up. I guess you may have to have ebay give her a nudge to get your proper item.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The big question is who did she send the knives to and can she get them back.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

TripleF wrote:s......I've never seen those watch parts before
TripleF wrote: ...she said she packed it herself!!!
If you can untie this knot you may solve half the problem.

You will need a knot knife to solve the other half and you have not got your knives yet. ::woot:: :mrgreen:
Joe
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Scott does it look like the package was re-taped? Is it possible that someone may have swiped your knives and replaced them with random watch parts? I know, that's a little far-fetched, but nowadays you never know. Really strange.

Eric
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

About bet she sent your knives to the person who got the package sent to you.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

ea42 wrote:Scott does it look like the package was re-taped? Is it possible that someone may have swiped your knives and replaced them with random watch parts? I know, that's a little far-fetched, but nowadays you never know. Really strange.

Eric
Indeed it does. I asked her if she taped it, of course she didn't reply. I always tape mine because it is so easy to pull down a side flap
on a small flat rate box and push it back in.....here's a pic of the mangled end and tape...
Attachments
20190910_091131.jpg
20190910_091141.jpg
SCOTT

TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

samb1955 wrote:About bet she sent your knives to the person who got the package sent to you.

Could be, but she's never seen the watch parts before....has no idea how they got into my box.
SCOTT

RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

If she’s telling the truth and is not confused about what that should be..........

Then, you’ve been robbed and most likely by a postal employee.......

Unless, of course, two flat rate boxes fell apart simultaneously and spilled their contents at the feet of an exemplary postal service employee,who endeavored to reinsert the contents, but simply got it wrong.

Could happen.....

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Scott, by any chance did the return address broadcast what was inside the package? That's something that I'm always paranoid about even though I've never had anything stolen that way.

When I get a package that has "John Doe's Knife Shop" on the return address I'm always glad that I actually received the knives.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Railsplitter wrote:Scott, by any chance did the return address broadcast what was inside the package? That's something that I'm always paranoid about even though I've never had anything stolen that way.

When I get a package that has "John Doe's Knife Shop" on the return address I'm always glad that I actually received the knives.
Nope....just had her last name, not even here first initial.....
SCOTT

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

First me and then you. What's this world coming to? ::facepalm::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
ea42

Post by ea42 »

TripleF wrote:
ea42 wrote:Scott does it look like the package was re-taped? Is it possible that someone may have swiped your knives and replaced them with random watch parts? I know, that's a little far-fetched, but nowadays you never know. Really strange.

Eric
Indeed it does. I asked her if she taped it, of course she didn't reply. I always tape mine because it is so easy to pull down a side flap
on a small flat rate box and push it back in.....here's a pic of the mangled end and tape...

Yep that does look mighty suspicious. I had the same thing happen to me several years ago, only all I got was an empty box! I tape the heck out of the boxes I mail out too. I think it's definitely a deterrent.

Eric
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

If a Priority box gets 'squished' the ends can look mangled. I always tape the ends. But even without tape it takes a bit of time to get your fingers in and remove contents and then stuff something in there. Postal employees have told me there is video monitoring 'everywhere' and that they only get to handle a parcel for a few seconds max. A thief would more likely replace stolen item with nothing or with something easy and fast to stuff in, not a bunch of watch parts.
With both early dementia and chronic alcoholism you get episodes in which you make no memory. Different from 'forgetting' because the memory never got established. Both these conditions are common.
My bet is she did pack what you received.
kj
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

kootenay joe wrote:If a Priority box gets 'squished' the ends can look mangled. I always tape the ends. But even without tape it takes a bit of time to get your fingers in and remove contents and then stuff something in there. Postal employees have told me there is video monitoring 'everywhere' and that they only get to handle a parcel for a few seconds max. A thief would more likely replace stolen item with nothing or with something easy and fast to stuff in, not a bunch of watch parts.
With both early dementia and chronic alcoholism you get episodes in which you make no memory. Different from 'forgetting' because the memory never got established. Both these conditions are common.
kj
I hope you don't get packed on this in the end.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Not sure what you mean samb. "packed" ? care to explain ?
kj
ea42

Post by ea42 »

kootenay joe wrote:If a Priority box gets 'squished' the ends can look mangled. I always tape the ends. But even without tape it takes a bit of time to get your fingers in and remove contents and then stuff something in there. Postal employees have told me there is video monitoring 'everywhere' and that they only get to handle a parcel for a few seconds max. A thief would more likely replace stolen item with nothing or with something easy and fast to stuff in, not a bunch of watch parts.
kj
Roland that is a Very intriguing Sherlock Holmes type of deduction there! I never would have considered it, but anything's possible. The box end does look like it's been torn open right near the tab though, seems a bit suspicious. The watch parts do seem odd though. Scott have you tried contacting Ebay about a refund? I think they'd likely OK it under the circumstances.

Eric
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

kootenay joe wrote:Not sure what you mean samb. "packed" ? care to explain ?
kj
Screwed
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

ea42 wrote:
kj
Roland that is a Very intriguing Sherlock Holmes type of deduction there! I never would have considered it, but anything's possible. The box end does look like it's been torn open right near the tab though, seems a bit suspicious. The watch parts do seem odd though. Scott have you tried contacting Ebay about a refund? I think they'd likely OK it under the circumstances.

Eric
Not ebay, I filed a claim with the USPS....we'll see what happens.
It's definitely a brain teaser.
SCOTT

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”