Help Identify Case Knife Color?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
BethanyH

Help Identify Case Knife Color?

Post by BethanyH »

My husband fell in love with this particular color of Case knife, and I would love to get him more, but he doesn't remember what color was listed on the box, and my internet searches have proven useless. It is a type of bone, Trapper from 2016. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My best guess was worn harvest orange or whisky bone, but neither as quite as orange or dark in the middle. ::hmm::
Attachments
20190908_212726.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help Identify Case Knife Color?

Post by treefarmer »

BethanyH,
That handle color looks like what Shepard Hills Cutlery calls Pocket Worn Harvest Orange. Shepard Hills is a well known Case Dealer. Check their site and look for the word "handle" on the front page.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Greenman

Re: Help Identify Case Knife Color?

Post by Greenman »

BethanyH wrote:My husband fell in love with this particular color of Case knife, and I would love to get him more, but he doesn't remember what color was listed on the box, and my internet searches have proven useless. It is a type of bone, Trapper from 2016. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My best guess was worn harvest orange or whisky bone, but neither as quite as orange or dark in the middle. ::hmm::
I hate to contradict treefarmer, but while its colour is similar, the knife in the photograph is not Pocket Worn Harvest Orange bone. The pictured knife has a “diamond script” shield, while a Pocket Worn series knife would have the more standard “oval script” shield.

I believe that Case called that particular bone colour “Harvest Moon Autumn”. It, along with three other bone colours, was part of the “Harvest Moon” series of knives. All four colours had diamond script shields and peach seed jigged bone scales. As I recall, the other three colours were Hunter Green, Mediterranean Blue, and Honey Brown. The series was designed to honour the harvesting cycles of the moon. I can’t recall the other knife patterns that were included in this series. The Harvest Moon series has been discontinued for at least two years, but I suspect that some of the other patterns in the series may be available at various online retailers.

Good luck with your search! :)
Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”