OLA! PINCHE GRINGOS!!!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Owd Wullie

OLA! PINCHE GRINGOS!!!

Post by Owd Wullie »

Doing a drive by.

The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. I did escape from farcebook jail yet again. The bastards will have me locked up again shortly I'm sure. I'm probably on their top 100 watch list.

Living in the Ozarks now. Sold out in the burbs of Ft Worth and bought a small place (13Ac). No really close neighbors. Can shoot deer off back porch and pee off front porch without complaints. Haven't bought or sold anything worth mentioning in a while, unless you're into lawnmowers. I did by a 60" BAD BOY to keep the 4 acre yard looking nice. Gives me a clear shot to the woods off the back porch too. Still got the Kenworth for a toy.

Toodles,
Willie
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: OLA! PINCHE GRINGOS!!!

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Good on ya Willie! Glad to hear you’re still on the top side of the grass, and that you escaped the DFW metro-mess. I got out of there 40+ years ago myself, but it’s slowly creeping up on me. ::teary_eyes:: You’re probably safe from it in Arkansas. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: back! Glad to hear you're doing well.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Nice of the landed gentry to drop in on the serfs every once in a while.

Good to hear from ya, Willie!

I think it's Missouri, though, not Arkansas.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Good to see you posting always enjoyed your post in the past. Hope that Bad boy serves you as well as mine has me. ::tu:: ::handshake::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Nice of the landed gentry to drop in on the serfs every once in a while.

Good to hear from ya, Willie!

I think it's Missouri, though, not Arkansas.

Charlie
Even better! :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Missouri Ken. Northern Ozarks but still country boy land.
(Well sugar. I see Charlie beat me to the punch while I was typing.)

As I said b-4 Willie, dadblamed good to "see" ya.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

jerryd6818 wrote:Missouri Ken. Northern Ozarks but still country boy land.
Yes indeed! I’ve got kinfolk scattered all around that area, from Bartlesville, OK to Springfield, Mo, and Ft. Scott, KS to Ft. Smith AR and points in between. Pretty much got it surrounded and spent a lot of time there (still do). Beautiful part of the country and great people. Probably only the southeastern third of that qualifies as Ozarks though. If I ever moved from Texas that’s probably where I’d go.

Willie, you picked a great area to live. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Owd Willie,
Been a long time since you showed here you owd squid!
Good to know you are still suckin wind! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Missouri Ken. Northern Ozarks but still country boy land.
Yes indeed! I’ve got kinfolk scattered all around that area, from Bartlesville, OK to Springfield, Mo, and Ft. Scott, KS to Ft. Smith AR and points in between. Pretty much got it surrounded and spent a lot of time there (still do). Beautiful part of the country and great people. If I ever moved from Texas that’s probably where I’d go.

Willie, you picked a great area to live. ::tu::

Ken
I'm 50 miles East of Springfield. Far enough for the trash in that dump not to bother us. 15 miles S of Hartville, MO. We've dodged a couple of tornados so far. One got the roof on a house a 1/2 mile from us. It must have picked up and came over us. Got some wind damage to the roof and a few tree limbs down. Ice storm last winter got a bunch of the limbs that would have fallen I figure. Found out that ALLSTATE Insurance sucks a wrench. Fired them after telling my (former) agent to crap in his good hands and clap. Got three time the coverage for the same money with another small insurance company with great ratings. Had to pay for a new roof out of my pocket. Hadn't planned on that move, but decided it was time. Put metal up there this go around. Ought to outlast me. Siding I'd planned on will have to wait till next year I guess.

Had a big garden, coons got my early sweet corn. Second batch had ear worms/corn borers but we still got a bunch in spite of 'em. Planted a couple of rows of that fancy "indian corn" and big wind last Monday knocked about half of that mess down. Got lots of tomatoes though. More tomatoes this year than I've raised in last 10 years in TX. Gets too hot too quick I guess. We did have ripe tomatoes at Easter last year in TX though. LOL Gonna plant turnips, rape, and winter peas for the pasture rats to nibble on. Their patch will 105 yds from my easy chair on the back porch.

I love that BAD BOY mower. It was gently used when I bought it. Has the 30hp Kohler that had the Digital Spark advance ignition. What a joke that was. Pretty sure it got traded in because it would lose power intermittently. Did some research, bought a coil kit for it and stuck new coils on it, put some new blades on it and that punk will cut some silage now. Run it at 3/4 throttle most of time and it's burning about half as much gas to do the job as before.

Charlie, "landed gentry" LOL. I got a part time job as an Amish taxi driver. They pay good. My main customer pays me to haul his work trailer around so he doesn't have to wear his tractor tires out on the pavement. Neighbor's dad wants me to do some cutting and welding on his barn too. Blows my mind that the farmers around here close ain't very mechanical minded.

Good to hear from everybody. Y'all take care.

W
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Good to see you around!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Good to hear from ya, Wullie! Stay in touch.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::tu:: Welcome back Owd Wullie, glad to have another Navy man back. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Good to hear from you, Willie! Although it's no Texas, Arkansas aint' too bad. :D
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”