Jerry Halfrich

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Jerry Halfrich

Post by joeradza »

I was hoping to see more of Mr. Halfrich's knives here but I guess not. His rounder pattern has always been #1 on my want list and I was lucky enough to get this one. It's the full size model in stag. It's 4 5/16" closed. It was the 2009 Blade Show prototype model.
Attachments
IMG_0557.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: Jerry Halfrich

Post by kootenay joe »

WOW ! What a GREAT knife. I would love to own it.
I have a "Small Woodsman" folder that i bought from Jerry in 2010 i think it was. About 2011 i hid it somewhere in my house that i thought would be safe and easy to retrieve if i wanted to carry it. I have not been able to find it ever since despite many hours of searching. I still hope to find it one day. It is a very smooth sharp knife.
kj
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Wow is that a gorgeous knife. Blade shape yes but oh those scales!!! I see why that one was in your sights. Congrats as that is a beautiful knife. It looks custom. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

kootenay joe wrote:WOW ! What a GREAT knife. I would love to own it.
I have a "Small Woodsman" folder that i bought from Jerry in 2010 i think it was. About 2011 i hid it somewhere in my house that i thought would be safe and easy to retrieve if i wanted to carry it. I have not been able to find it ever since despite many hours of searching. I still hope to find it one day. It is a very smooth sharp knife.
kj
Roland, I'd like to buy your house. I don't want you to move out or me to move in, I just want to go through it when you are gone. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tounge::
Wait a minute I'm not sure you're older than me. :lol: :lol:
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

joeradza wrote:I was hoping to see more of Mr. Halfrich's knives here but I guess not. His rounder pattern has always been #1 on my want list and I was lucky enough to get this one. It's the full size model in stag. It's 4 5/16" closed. It was the 2009 Blade Show prototype model.
Alan, your photography skills are amazing. That looks like 2 Rounders in that picture! ::oh_my::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Outstanding Knife and photo. Wish I could take a photo that good ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I was going through the thousands of knife pictures in this computer looking for a picture of the lost Small Woodsman. Could not find any but i did find pictures of 2 other Jerry Halfrich knives that i used to own and had forgotten all about them ! :shock: This is not a good sign.
I also pulled out the roll with my last few custom folders and discovered another Halfrich folder i had also forgotten about, a 4 1/8" ivory Trapper. I will take pics of this one soon.
kj
Attachments
Jan. 2012 033.jpg
Jan. 2012 034.jpg
Jan. 2012 036.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Stunning knives on this thread today.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Spectacular knives!!! 8) 8) 8)
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

Thanks for all the comments guys. Jerry Halfrich deserves all the credit. Hey Rick if it was only that easy to get two for one. Hahaha! Roland that ivory trapper is epic.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here is my 4 1/8" Jerry Halfrich ivory Trapper. It is a stout and strong knife. The ivory handles are nicely radiused to the liner edges. All the vintage Sheffield knives with ivory handles did this. Some custom knife makers leave the ivory edges square which is very inferior.
I bought this from the original owner who is a well known higher end custom knife dealer. He had Jerry make it for him and called it the "HTT" pattern. It likely is about 20 years old now.
"HTT" = Hunter Trader Trapper, but i don't know how it applies to this single blade full size trapper.
This knife looks good and feels absolutely great in hand. I also had an ivory trapper from Tony Bose and from Enrique Pena. Could no longer afford to own all 3 so i kept what i think is the best one, this Jerry Halfrich.
kj
Attachments
IMGP7177.JPG
IMGP7178.JPG
IMGP7181.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Wow, these are some marvelous knives!
Ebay show at least 2 Jerry Halfrich knives, very nice looking but way out of this bottom feeder's sights.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

Stunning ivory trapper Roland.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks for your comments. Here it is again shown with a 3 5/8 knife by Bruce Bump. It is my "Special Agent 007" knife, the seventh folding knife that Bruce made.
kj
Attachments
IMGP7186.JPG
IMGP7187.JPG
IMGP7184.JPG
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

kootenay joe wrote:Thanks for your comments. Here it is again shown with a 3 5/8 knife by Bruce Bump. It is my "Special Agent 007" knife, the seventh folding knife that Bruce made.
kj
Two stunning knives.

Return to “Custom Knives”