Sending an invoice on Ebay

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Sending an invoice on Ebay

Post by Railsplitter »

I have an active listing on Ebay for a "Buy It Now" with no Make Offer option. This morning someone made me an offer anyway by Ebay messaging. I declined the offer because if I wanted to entertain offers I would have posted a Make Offer option in the first place.

That got me to wondering how I would accept his offer if I did want to accept it. I've been talking with a friend about this and we have determined that the most practical way to accept an offer when there is no Make Offer tab in the listing is to send the potential buyer an invoice for the agreed upon price.

The invoice would be for a different price than the listed price because I would be accepting his lower offer. This is all hypothetical because I'm not going to be accepting any offers on this listing other than my listed price. On the other hand, I would like to know how to do this for future reference.

I know some of the members here have AAPK stores and some are also very active and well versed with Ebay.

Can anybody tell me how to send an invoice on Ebay for a different price than the listed price?

Thanks for your help folks.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Sending an invoice on Ebay

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I've adjusted many an invoice regarding final price and/or shipping price. In the fold down menu, where it says "send invoice", click on that, the invoice comes up and you can change the final price, the shipping, etc. I don't know if that will help you. It's easier for me to do it rather than explain how to do it. I'm pretty sure also that when someone makes an offer and you don't have the "make offer" option enabled, you can still accept it. There is a button somewhere that you click on that enables you to accept the offer or counter offer. Again, easier to do than to explain. I believe you can send an invoice through PayPal also. ::shrug::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Railsplitter wrote:I have an active listing on Ebay for a "Buy It Now" with no Make Offer option. This morning someone made me an offer anyway by Ebay messaging. I declined the offer because if I wanted to entertain offers I would have posted a Make Offer option in the first place.

That got me to wondering how I would accept his offer if I did want to accept it. I've been talking with a friend about this and we have determined that the most practical way to accept an offer when there is no Make Offer tab in the listing is to send the potential buyer an invoice for the agreed upon price.

The invoice would be for a different price than the listed price because I would be accepting his lower offer. This is all hypothetical because I'm not going to be accepting any offers on this listing other than my listed price. On the other hand, I would like to know how to do this for future reference.

I know some of the members here have AAPK stores and some are also very active and well versed with Ebay.

Can anybody tell me how to send an invoice on Ebay for a different price than the listed price?

Thanks for your help folks.

Rick, Here is what I’ve done in the past. Tell the buyer that you will change the listing to a buy it now with offer. Change the price and make it really high so someone else won’t take it in the mean time, then take the offer when it’s made. I’m not certain if you can send an invoice without a sale, but I haven’t tried what you are talking about, I try to keep it simple.
Hope that helps.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Rick, Here is what I’ve done in the past. Tell the buyer that you will change the listing to a buy it now with offer. Change the price and make it really high so someone else won’t take it in the mean time, then take the offer when it’s made. I’m not certain if you can send an invoice without a sale, but I haven’t tried what you are talking about, I try to keep it simple.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Mark! Much appreciated!
Rick T.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

New_Windsor_NY wrote:I've adjusted many an invoice regarding final price and/or shipping price. In the fold down menu, where it says "send invoice", click on that, the invoice comes up and you can change the final price, the shipping, etc. I don't know if that will help you. It's easier for me to do it rather than explain how to do it. I'm pretty sure also that when someone makes an offer and you don't have the "make offer" option enabled, you can still accept it. There is a button somewhere that you click on that enables you to accept the offer or counter offer. Again, easier to do than to explain. I believe you can send an invoice through PayPal also. ::shrug::
Excellent! Thank You! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Rick T.

srm65

Post by srm65 »

When you reply (if you chose to reply) to their message, you will be given an option to send the offer to them. It will be in the upper right corner of your reply. Then they can accept or not. Hope that helps some.
Sidney Massingale
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

srm65 wrote:When you reply (if you chose to reply) to their message, you will be given an option to send the offer to them. It will be in the upper right corner of your reply. Then they can accept or not. Hope that helps some.
That is very helpful indeed and it sounds pretty simple. Thanks!
Rick T.

kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have sent a message to a seller saying "i would pay $xxx for this knife" when i thought his B.I.N. was too high. Some sellers have sent me an invoice for that amount within minutes of me sending the message. Other sellers have replied "o.k., i will change the B.I.N. price" or "i will add a 'Best Offer' option for you to use".
All of these work.
kj

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”