GREAT EASTERN CUTLERY #93 SWAY-BACK RAM'S FOOT BLADE KNIFE

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Onearmbladejunkie

Re: GREAT EASTERN CUTLERY #93 SWAY-BACK RAM'S FOOT BLADE KNIFE

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

GEC#93 GP SFO BLACK CANVUS MICARTA RAM'S FOOT BLADE 3 7/8" CLOSED ! THESE KNIVES WILL RELEASED IN JUNE 2019.
56778882223344555667756543.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

SFO WAYNORTH CUTLERY GEC#93 SWAY-BACK LAMB'S FOOT BLADE , THESE WILL BE MADE IN JUNE 2019 !
j66YjrP.jpg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I am doing a GEC Challenge on another board as a part of a traditional challenge in July, so this fits in well. Was gonna get the Bull Buster as my first, but the #93 is really making me reconsider that. Wonder if we'll ever get a version with a bail, which most traditional rope knives have?

For me, it will likely be either the micarta Tidiuote, or cocobolo Northfield versions. Or even the ebony "Real Lambfoot". Really interesting for GEC to tackle something that's typically a forte of the Sheffield brands.
Onearmbladejunkie

cody6268 wrote:I am doing a GEC Challenge on another board as a part of a traditional challenge in July, so this fits in well. Was gonna get the Bull Buster as my first, but the #93 is really making me reconsider that. Wonder if we'll ever get a version with a bail, which most traditional rope knives have?

For me, it will likely be either the micarta Tidiuote, or cocobolo Northfield versions. Or even the ebony "Real Lambfoot". Really interesting for GEC to tackle something that's typically a forte of the Sheffield brands.
I recommend you go buy a GEC#21 , while you can still find one. The #93 Ram's Foot won't be out until early June. Search the dealers , you can still find one. Buy the Farm & Field #21 bigger knife for chores and hunting. Buy the #93 for every day carry. Both is better. The #21 is not a nail breaker !!!!
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:SFO WAYNORTH CUTLERY GEC#93 SWAY-BACK LAMB'S FOOT BLADE , THESE WILL BE MADE IN JUNE 2019 !j66YjrP.jpg
I had not seen this drawing with the shield. Like the diamond shield. GEC has yet to post their drawing.
-Tim
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:GEC#93 GP SFO BLACK CANVUS MICARTA RAM'S FOOT BLADE 3 7/8" CLOSED ! THESE KNIVES WILL RELEASED IN JUNE 2019. 56778882223344555667756543.jpg
Can’t wait for this one to come out. Not excited about the look of that lambs foot. I think I will pass on that one.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

These sure are nice. Quite a bit of excitement over these.
GEC-ILLUSTRATED-3.jpg
-Tim
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I was a little shocked when I saw the price on that Blue camel bone SFO from Olde Towne. $145 for a Tidioute. I'll let that one pass.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Just got these two in today. Have to tell you this Oily Creek Bone is gorgeous. It’s my first one but it will not be my last.
The other is the Waynorth lambs foot. Got this one from 3 finger Mac. Was glad he had a few to sell.
Attachments
IMG_0664.jpeg
IMG_0665.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:Just got these two in today. Have to tell you this Oily Creek Bone is gorgeous. It’s my first one but it will not be my last.
The other is the Waynorth lambs foot. Got this one from 3 finger Mac. Was glad he had a few to sell.
Mark,

Every time you post a pic of a knife there with the water in the background, it's just Zen. I love those pics. So relaxing, with a nice knife in the foreground. Keep 'em coming! And the dark bone on the Lambsfoot is so perfect, makes me wish we could get jigging like that on NF branded knives. Well done, Sir!

- Lee
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

m0nk wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:Just got these two in today. Have to tell you this Oily Creek Bone is gorgeous. It’s my first one but it will not be my last.
Mark,

Every time you post a pic of a knife there with the water in the background, it's just Zen. I love those pics. So relaxing, with a nice knife in the foreground. Keep 'em coming! And the dark bone on the Lambsfoot is so perfect, makes me wish we could get jigging like that on NF branded knives. Well done, Sir!

- Lee
Thank you Lee, I try to change the background periodically, it helps me find the knives later. When you scroll through so many on your iPhone or iPad it helps to pinpoint a time period. I can remember approximately when I bought a knife, so looking for the background I was using then helps to locate it. Plus I like to change it seasonally if there is something from an old calendar that catches my eye to put in the background. Plus it just looks fresh to change it. Glad you like this one, it’s from a Christian calendar with a Psalm on the bottom of it, the 23rd, He leads me beside still waters.
Onearmbladejunkie

I just bought a NOS #93 Rams Foot natural micarta from JSR Sports & More. JRS has NOS Rams foot knives in Tidioute natutral micarta and #93 Northfield Antique Autumn jigged bone , right now.
Onearmbladejunkie

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:I just bought a NOS #93 Rams Foot natural micarta from JSR Sports & More. JRS has NOS Rams foot knives in Tidioute natutral micarta and #93 Northfield Antique Autumn jigged bone , right now.
9/1/2019 I just bought a colorful Cocobolo #93 Rams foot knife , from JSR Sports & More.
JSR Sports & More has 6 #93 Oily Creek bone knives right now for sale. Sorry sold out. I bought a wonderful knife today and I helped one guy find the knife of him dreams.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:JSR Sports & More has 6 #93 Oily Creek bone knives right now for sale.
5. 8)
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Onearmbladejunkie

I did well recently. I bought a #93 natural canvas micarta , #93 Cocobolo wood , and an #06 Pemberton white bone single blade Wharncliffe. These NOS knives were left over from Rendezvous 2019. I always keep checking the small GEC dealers 24/7. Surprise NOS knives pop up all the time. These GEC dealers find NOS missed placed knives , sometimes. I picked up two single blade #48 Weasels this year at the original release price. Those two knives had wavy peach-seed jigging.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I am a bit late to this party but everyone seems pleased with their #93's and the Oily Creek Bone handles get positive comments. I just won this Tidioute 93 on ebay for $89 which includes shipping. I don't recall the dealer price but i think it was close to the same. Is there a Northfield version with this same bone handle ?
And the cap has a big "3" on it. Do you know what this might be for ?
kj
Attachments
s-l1600 (24).jpg
s-l1600 (25).jpg
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

kootenay joe wrote:I am a bit late to this party but everyone seems pleased with their #93's and the Oily Creek Bone handles get positive comments. I just won this Tidioute 93 on ebay for $89 which includes shipping. I don't recall the dealer price but i think it was close to the same. Is there a Northfield version with this same bone handle ?
kj
Good looking knife, Roland!

The number ”3” on the cap label was most likely used by the original GEC dealer to designate photos of a specific knife on their website. By photographing each individual knife in a handle run and numbering said photos and their corresponding knives, the dealer allows the customer to choose the exact knife that they will receive.

No Northfield versions of the #93 were offered in Oily Creek Bone.
Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

kootenay joe wrote:I am a bit late to this party but everyone seems pleased with their #93's and the Oily Creek Bone handles get positive comments. I just won this Tidioute 93 on ebay for $89 which includes shipping. I don't recall the dealer price but i think it was close to the same. Is there a Northfield version with this same bone handle ?
kj
Nice buy. And the price was good, well done. I like these knives. You have a good weekend. ::tu::

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”