How much are these worth

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Erica2012

How much are these worth

Post by Erica2012 »

Hi my name is erica and i have two cases of schrade and walden knives im thinking about selling i just was wondering if anyone has a ball park figurw i could be looking at. Ive tried other sites to find pricing but im having a hard time. Any help is greatly appreciated! Here are pics of the two cases.
Attachments
20180906_093055.jpg
Erica2012

Re: How much are these worth

Post by Erica2012 »

20180906_092854.jpg
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I have no idea but I'm sure there are members here that will be able to help you out with some value of some or most of the knives.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great displays Erica. I bet you will need a little clearer pic's for anyone to give an accurate guess. Thanks for sharing them with us. ::nod:: ::handshake::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Hey Erica.
Awesome displays!
I would say IMHO the bowies would bring over $300 easy. And the big display $1000 or more. I am not a expert by any means, but they would be worth that to me.
Thanks for sharing!
Willy
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Erica2012

Post by Erica2012 »

Cool thanks so much for the guess. Thats what we were hoping is around $1000 or a little more for the big case
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I think you should ask to get this thread moved to the Schrade Collectors forum to get more input. You need to contact a moderator to ask for this.
Both displays have considerable value and could be sold intact. There might be a Schrade collector here in AAPK who love to acquire these displays.
They are quite special displays. Don't rush the sale.
kj
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

The larger display is all delrin era knives and I think one would have to wait a looong time before they got a thousand American bucks for it.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Schrade Walden began using Delrin in 1960. Within a 'couple' of years Delrin had replaced bone on all but special run knives. If you collect Schrade-Walden or Schrade U.S.A. you will be collecting Delrin handled knives.
The large display has 37 knives. $1000 for the lot = $27 per knife and the display case is free.
The value in part depends upon the condition of the knives. Are they used or all unused ? If all or most are unused the value including the display case could be over $1000.
kj
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

I sent you a email through aapk, where are these located? I would need to look at them in person to give a value for me anyway. thanks terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Gunsil wrote:The larger display is all delrin era knives and I think one would have to wait a looong time before they got a thousand American bucks for it.
Ditto.
Roger
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

It's hard to tell from the pictures but some of those knives look to have faded handles from sitting in the sunlight, so that would hurt their desirability. I agree that it would take a long time to sell at 1,000.

It's possible some knives in the display aren't schrade walden era either. Off the top of my head I see a 33OT, which was introduced in 1976, three years after schrade dropped the schrade walden name.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Erika that top set of knives is the 49'er series display. That's a set that you rarely see intact, I'd say at least $300 for that one if not more.

Eric
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

As alluded to above, it matters a great deal if the folding knives in the display actually have the SCHRADE / WALDEN tang stamps and not a later mark.

Changes in a cutlery’s tang stamp typically occurred in a known year and they almost invariably signal a division in value, the older knives being the greater.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”