BENCHMADE Trivia Question -- PLEASE Help to Identify, THX MARK

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
ratlesnake75

BENCHMADE Trivia Question -- PLEASE Help to Identify, THX MARK

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Guys, I know absolutely nothing about Benchmade knives. Can someone help me out to IDENTIFY what model this knife is & If I can find an Replacement insert for the handle(Was it Rubber or wood?)?? Appx Value or years it was made?? Feels very heavy & like a quality knife. Thanks & much appreciated
Attachments
53602061_571384043364177_462332909924122624_n.jpg
54194659_1971229189672536_5457672130516746240_n.jpg
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: BENCHMADE Trivia Question -- PLEASE Help to Identify, THX MARK

Post by orvet »

That is so abused that I can't tell fur sure what it was. It looks similar to a Panther I sold a while back.
The design looks like it is older, maybe early 1990s. Send it to Benchmade, they have OUTSTANDING customer service!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Not sure of model...is the butterfly logo worn off the blade? The model is usually the number under the butterfly. Material was probably same as what's under the clip. I agree...send it to Benchmade...they will sharpen, for free (not the serrated part). They usually pull it apart and put new springs and clean it up. Generally lifetime warranty. You can go to their website.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Many Thanks for the Help Guys. I had no idea I could send it too Benchmade & they would do that(AWESOME). I do enjoy cleaning up old knives like this or bringing them back to life. Thanks also for where to look for the Model# and it was below the butterfly(THANK YOU KINDLY) it says 805.
Kindest Regards,
Mark
Attachments
53456075_2523643177708931_4357097270701719552_n.jpg
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

What model # was it?
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Doc, Says 805 just below the butterfly
Thx Mark
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

From just a quick search...I'm guessing it's out of production. I don't know if they will consider the missing part "wear and tear". They will sharpen for free and usually pull it apart and put in new springs. If they have a blade that will fit it...you can get a new one for $30 from them. They usually will let you trade for a non-serrated blade, if they have them.I'm not a big serrated fan, due to the difficulty of sharpening. Even as it is...with the G-10 handles...the knife has a lot of life left in it. If it had a new blade and the missing part replaced...probably would bring over $100. I've heard people say that when they don't have replacement parts, they will often offer credit on a new knife. Like I said...I think it would be worth sending in.
Oh...they used to give free pocket clips...but now I think they charge $5, if you wanted a new one.
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Doc, I also just did a little research myself. I am sure now its worthy to go ahead & spend some time on it today(Its fixing to get a BATH, Soap & water, Oil the joints, lightly clean out the old crud). Knife still functions perfectly & then I will list it on ebay w/ no reserve. I hope someone can use it for an EDC. I carry & use a 1978 6347 Case stockman, Old school I guess. LOL HAHAHA
Kindest Regards,
Mark

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”