Good Read For GEC Collectors ( Newbies )

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
big monk

Good Read For GEC Collectors ( Newbies )

Post by big monk »

Some of the new guys/gals that may have missed the early years of Great Eastern Cutlery ""GEC"" collecting, may find this interesting :) all about how the company was started ___ LINK BELOW*

https://www.collectorknives.net/posts/g ... et-knives/

I bought a GEC today knife today ( don't really know why ::shrug:: ) and it's been quite awhile since I bought one ___ maybe the fact,that an Ol'Friend,sent me an e-mail talking about all the GEC's, that he & I bought back in the day ( he still has 800 today !! ) -- I sold most of mine,but the memories are still there :) ___ by the way,he said he bought his last one in 2014 and that was about the last time we chatted ___ funny,how an e-mail from an Ol Friend,can spark / rekindle a passion from the past ::ds:: and on the very same day __ AAPK member kootenay joe, just happen to have a very nice 2007 #23 ""Genuine RED STAG"" GEC for sale @ a great price ___________yes sir ,I just had to have it ::ds::

and if you have never seen many of the early knives,check out our gallery ( link below** )-- I use to keep it updated,but not lately -- have a great day my friends,Monk**

app.php/gallery/album/133
Attachments
2007 GEC #23 Genuine Red Stag.JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Good Read For GEC Collectors ( Newbies )

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Monk, great knife and interesting reading. ::tu::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

The quality of the GECs is certainly peerless. I have a few from earlier days and maybe a few to sell. I haven't bought any for a long time, now. I have Anthony's book; if anyone needs a copy, let me know.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

800 GEC knives is ------- extraordinary. Huge.
Why so many ? out of control knife addict ? or businessman with an eye to the future ?
Many of the earlier knives are more intricate patterns, not just single blade jacks. With 800 pre 2014 GEC knives your friend must have many highly desirable knives.
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”