Ulery knives

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Culery

Ulery knives

Post by Culery »

Thank you to all for your replies.

I collect knives Ulery knives. Since it my last name, and unusual, it's kind of cool discover you name on a knife. I pick them up on eBay when they are affordable. Some go for a fortune, but since most of them are in the tool kits they often get listed outside the typical knife sell places and folks don't know what they are. I have quite a good collection and have learned a lot about them - made by Nappanoch early 20 th century

I recently bought one that is different from any I have seen and wondering if it is a fake. I did not pay much, less than $20, and the seller was not disengenuous at all, but I have never seen one with this marking on either the knives or tool attachments. All of my knives have Ulery in cursive letters. This one is stamped in block letters and says ULERY JUNIOR. Then knives in the kits have short blades to help with attaching the tools.

Anyone ever seen one of these stamps? Will try to figure out pics and add them later
Culery

Re: Ulery knives

Post by Culery »

sorry. Can't figure out pics at the moment. Will try later.

The blade, scales and pins all look the same. Just never seen the stamp
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here’s the directions for posting pictures. viewforum.php?f=98 Scroll down until you find the thread that applies to your equipment (PC, iPad, Android etc).

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Culery

Post by Culery »

IMG_0975.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0974.JPG
Culery

Post by Culery »

I got them up. Thanks for the help and sorry they are upside down. Small steps

The tool shows a view of the normal script Ulery

The single knife is the one in question

The last pic is 3 knives. One of them is the one in question. You can see that if it is a fake it is a very good one

Thanks to all
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

I don't believe those were made by Napanoch. Their's worked differently,or at least the Napanochs I have owned and seen.You pushed them in and they locked,and you pushed in the backspring ro release.They didn't hook over a pen and use the backspring like these or most do.
Roger
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

Napanoch made both types of tool kit knives.The push in blade that locks in ,usually in bone handles.Also this type with the blade at one end and the blade that hooks the pin.I have had several Napanochs and all the handles looked like Ebony wood,all the Ulerys had the lighter Rosewood looking handles.Also have had the Ulery with aluminum bolsters.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

I stand corrected.I have never seen a wood handled one. ::tu::
Roger
Culery

Post by Culery »

Thank you for the replies. I have several tool kits and knives. Even expecting another complete kit tomorrow. : :D I also have one with aluminum bolsters.

My confusion is has anyone every seen one stamped ULERY JUNIOR? It’s all caps and in block letters instead on cursive like all of the others I have. Even the tool attachments are in cursive.

As an aside, I have other hobbies and passions and belong to 2 other boards like this. I am always impressed and appreciative of the kindness and generosity here. Thanks to all

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”