GEC tour

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
tucker308

GEC tour

Post by tucker308 »

I toured Great Eastern Cutlery Fri, Feb. 10, and it was much more than I expected. My brother and I were the only two people on the tour, and factory rep Bill Howard spent two hours showing us the entire operation. He took the time to explain every step, occasionally having a worker stop what he was doing to come over and show or explain some detail to us. He made us feel like we were the most important visitors he could have had. There are only 28 employees that work on the floor, so the shop is not that big. Two hours is quite a long time to spend with two visitors, and on a relatively small shop. The time went by quickly, as we paid rapt attention. We were told they might have multiple tours in a day in the summer, but this time of year, there might only be one or two tours a week. After the tour, we visited the factory store where they feature only one or two knives, but offer a selection of a few more knives that have what they refer to as "cosmetic" abnormalities that can't be sold as first run product. The biggest thing most show is the large "s" stamped on the tang of the blade. These knives can't be returned for factory warranty, understandably. There is essentially nothing wrong with the knives. A collector may not want something like that, but I found a knife,( a large trapper w/stag handles, square bolsters and two strike lines on each bolster), that was just what I wanted. When I said I liked it, Christine Tucker, factory sales rep, got two more like it out for me to choose from! And they were made in 2017! Can I be the only guy interested in these beautys? This is my first GEC knife, but not the last. If you're within 100 miles of Titusville, take the time to go. You won't regret it.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: GEC tour

Post by Railsplitter »

Great story. I would love to visit there sometime and meet Bill Howard. He is definitely a man of vision.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Pictures?
AAPK Janitor
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Bill Howard isn't just a factory rep.,he is the owner. ::tu::
Roger
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Wow - talk about customer service ... not many other companies whete the owner does plant tours themselves
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Kool.. ::tu:: Did the tour a few yrs ago.. Yep.. Very interesting indeed!!
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
wlf

Post by wlf »

peanut740 wrote:Bill Howard isn't just a factory rep.,he is the owner. ::tu::
And a good guy.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

wlf wrote:
peanut740 wrote:Bill Howard isn't just a factory rep.,he is the owner. ::tu::
And a good guy.
That he is! ::tu::