Re: Free to a good home

Enter our knife drawings here.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Much appreciated! I understand completely. Maintaining the integrity of this site is of utmost importance.

I'll see about putting up another post.
If I make the post in this thread, can you manipulate it to the front?
If I make it in another thread, can you merge the threads, that one on top?
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I think I can do that Steve but I'm not sure. I've combined topics before but I think they are automatically ordered in chronological sequence.
We can definitely give it a try!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I was the one who reported this to Dale last night. I was looking at the original post and saw the link to the website, which seemed to be a random number generator website. I was not familiar with it and wanted to take a look at how it worked. When I clicked on the link a page opened using the original AAPK page (it did not open a new window for the link) and the page that appeared said I was being redirected. Within a second or two, the new page opened and my Malwarebytes shut it down as being infected. I clicked the back button to try to leave the page and get back to AAPK, but the malware had disabled the back button. So I quickly closed the window and opened a new one to get back to AAPK. I then did a malware scan, and nothing was detected, so the Malwarebytes had stopped the attack immediately. I then reported this and Dale took care of it. The website must have been hacked or something similar recently. Sorry that the info in the original post was lost.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Glad you noticed it and reported it OC. ::tu:: I hope no one gets infected by anything.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Greetings all! My original post back in the beginning was deleted due to a link that unbeknownst to me had a malware problem. Hopefully it was deleted before any harm was done.

Anyway, if you're new to this thread, here's the skinny.
I have a Boker Congress from the Tang Stamp series I'm going to give away. I found it at an antique store in my early days of collecting. I was curious to see if the Congress might be something I would like to collect. Nope. I've decided I prefer fewer blades (2 or 3) and a little bit more compact. Stockmans and Jack's, 3 1/2 - 4 inches, are my idea of just right.

Why not sell it? The amount of FREE information I have gleaned from this site is amazing. I have also been the recipient of a few gift knives from some very generous members! This PIF (pay it forward) is my way of saying thanks.

Here's all ya gotta do - Post "I'm in", along with telling us (better yet, showing us a pic) of you first, favorite, or dream car. I'll put your name in a hat and have my wonderful wife pull one out.

I'll hold the drawing February 1st. I'll make a post indicating no more entries accepted, then make another post to announce the winner.

IMPORTANT- Sorry, but you must be CONUS (in the continental United States) to win. Just a tad expensive for me to ship abroad. (and I don't think shipping broads would go over very well)
20190119_084607.jpg
20190119_084607.jpg
20190119_084627.jpg
20190119_084745.jpg
20190119_084808.jpg
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Steve I don't remember exactly what the OP said but you've left out the end date for getting in on this generous give away.

When do the polls close here partner.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

jerryd6818 wrote:Steve I don't remember exactly what the OP said but you've left out the end date for getting in on this generous give away.

When do the polls close here partner.
Edit made.
Good catch. Thank you.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Old Hunter wrote:My first vehicle was a 1968 Chevy C20, straight six and three on the column. I bought it used from my Dad when I finished OCS and was heading to APG MD for ORD C OBC in 1976. Dad had used it for camping and pulling his boat, he bought a new one. I have a picture somewhere but I don’t know where it is - here is an advertisement I found on the internet, right color too. OH
Edit to add: I’m in! Thanks.
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Count me in! I have an old, and very worn Boker congress that my Father-In-Law gave me before he died. It makes for a good "church knife".
Here is my first car, a 1973 Pontiac Ventura, on the day that I finally sold it. It was no longer running, I could not afford to restore it, and we were expecting another child; so after owning it for almost 25 years, I sold it to a man in Florida who wanted to restore it.
Looking through these pictures makes me sentimental about that car!
644DED35-4ED3-4704-967B-5732277E18A9.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I'm in! A few months ago I purchased a modern version of my dream car. I have loved the BMW 6-series since I was in high school, and the BMW 635 CSi was my dream car for many, many years. Almost 40 years later I saw this 2017 BMW 640i Xdrive at a local dealer's lot, and I bought it. It's the best car I've ever owned by a country mile!
3282bd357e484d8a94dc1d518064ffee.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:I'm in! A few months ago I purchased a modern version of my dream car. I have loved the BMW 6-series since I was in high school, and the BMW 635 CSi was my dream car for many, many years. Almost 40 years later I saw this 2017 BMW 640i Xdrive at a local dealer's lot, and I bought it. It's the best car I've ever owned by a country mile!

3282bd357e484d8a94dc1d518064ffee.jpg
I bought one in 2011. It too was my dream car. I traded it in for an Infinity QX60. I hated to do it, but I could no longer get into a regular car w/out hurting my back. So now I step up into another dream vehicle.
That white one is sweeeeetttttt!!!!!
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Hack352

Post by Hack352 »

Sure, I'm In! I'm relatively new on here, just sitting back and soaking up the knowledge. I knew it wouldn't be long before I was enticed to post a reply, and a nice Boker Congress was just the thing. My first car was a 1973 Chevy Nova - 307 ci - auto. I wish I has a good pic to post.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Hack352 wrote:Sure, I'm In! I'm relatively new on here, just sitting back and soaking up the knowledge. I knew it wouldn't be long before I was enticed to post a reply, and a nice Boker Congress was just the thing. My first car was a 1973 Chevy Nova - 307 ci - auto. I wish I has a good pic to post.
How about this nice red one ?

By the way, welcome to AAPK from another Kentuckian.
Attachments
1973_chevrolet_nova-pic-668465627099616327.jpg
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Hack352

Post by Hack352 »

Thanks Philco, mine was real similar. It was originally light green with a white hard top. I had it repainted dark green all over. I blew the engine when in college and had a 305 put in it. I wish I still had it.
Dewey
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Now I did state you had to post "I'm in" in order to be eligible. There are a few of you who posted some great pics of cool rides, but didn't indicate if you wanted in.

A few posted their pics, told their stories, and declined entry; they just wanted to share with us all. That's very cool!

Thing is, I don't want to assume someone is in and they don't want the knife, but just wanted to share.

Mitch Rapp
Gsmith7158
Jack of all Tirades

You guys want in? Got your pics and story, but.... (unless I missed something)

Reminder, to enter, you must have a CONUS address.

I'll post closing sometime tomorrow. After that, more entries. Then I'll post a winner. Good luck!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Steve Warden wrote:Now I did state you had to post "I'm in" in order to be eligible. There are a few of you who posted some great pics of cool rides, but didn't indicate if you wanted in.

A few posted their pics, told their stories, and declined entry; they just wanted to share with us all. That's very cool!

Thing is, I don't want to assume someone is in and they don't want the knife, but just wanted to share.

Mitch Rapp
Gsmith7158
Jack of all Tirades

You guys want in? Got your pics and story, but.... (unless I missed something)

Reminder, to enter, you must have a CONUS address.

I'll post closing sometime tomorrow. After that, more entries. Then I'll post a winner. Good luck!
Steve that's a great knife and awesome post. I think I'll pass though and give the other guys a better shot. ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Thanks Greg!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

cbnutt

Post by cbnutt »

Shoot low sheriff, he's ridin a Shetland.....
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

cbnutt wrote:iam in , thanks , ::tu::
Tut, tut. From my post, "
Here's all ya gotta do - Post "I'm in", along with telling us (better yet, showing us a pic) of you first, favorite, or dream car.

:wink:
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Steve, Sorry I missed that. I'm In! ::tu::
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
BatJak

Post by BatJak »

"I'm in", if it's ok...
Never had a congress and that one looks purdy...

I got my license back about 1983 and had to drive an old VW van my dad had 'cause we didn't have a lot of money back then and couldn't afford anything else.
Man, where to start...
First, it never would idle. I had taken the carb apart so many times trying to clean it I could do it in the dark...and did once, actually.
And if I had to stop on an incline at a light I would have to have left foot on the clutch and right foot on the brake and gas to keep it going.
Some punk kids would pull up next to me thinking I wanted to race and when the light turned green they would tear out and I would try not to die in the intersection.

The heater never worked. In the winter it was so cold in the van frost would form on the INSIDE of the windshield.
And it was pretty hot in the summer, too. It had a 240 air conditioner... 2 windows down goin' 40 mph down the road...

Oh, yeah, a neighbor gave me a combination AM/FM radio, 8 track and CB (all-in-one). yeah, I actually owned some 8 track tapes. Then my boss
gave me a box of tapes he had. I had an eclectic mix ranging from Johnny Cash to STYX.
I found an old PA speaker in the garage and mounted it under the spare tire on front of the car and would drive around
the school hollering at people.
HAHAHA, and I set a couple of cheap little household-type box speakers inside so I could listen to music.

One time the shocks went out and I would be going down the road and every time I hit a bump that thing would bounce like crazy for 2 blocks.

At the time, I hated that stupid thing. But I was grateful my dad was able to let me use it.
Before I graduated my dad got a "new to him" truck and was selling me his old one. A 1981 Chevy fleet side, ugly cream colored paint, bench seat,
3 speed with a granny gear and a sliding back window.
I never finished payments to him and had to let him sell it off 'cause I enlisted in the USMC.

I'm sure I don't have any pictures of that old car but I found one that looks real similar.... minus the front-mounted spare tire.

thanks for the memories...
Attachments
427838.jpg
cbnutt

Post by cbnutt »

Shoot low sheriff, he's ridin a Shetland.....
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

cbnutt wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:
cbnutt wrote:iam in , thanks , ::tu::
Tut, tut. From my post, "
Here's all ya gotta do - Post "I'm in", along with telling us (better yet, showing us a pic) of you first, favorite, or dream car.

:wink:
guess i didnt get in then .......
I'll give you 15 minutes!
I'll close the poles at 5:30pm eastern.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Polls are closed.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

And the winner is...
tongueriver wrote:I'm in! That knife was my first EDC a long time ago. My first car is long gone but it was a 1955 Ford Customline, two door, 3 on the tree, overdrive, 272 V-8. Someone painted it yellow with black accents. The interior was the original blue and white. It was a graduation present from Dad and cost him $350. I wish I had it back, but.... what for? :shock:1955 Customline.jpg
PM coming, my friend!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”