GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Heads up, the blue jigged bone 06 are in at KSF. Maybe that means the others I reserved at CK will be in soon?
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Post by kootenay joe »

Yes. Did you look at them ? They look like a Rough Rider which is not an insult to either. The strange quasi-jigging on the blue bone looks more like bone from China than USA. Ya think GEC is contracting out to Rough Rider ? :shock:
kj
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

The aesthetic is ok with me. The size at 2 3/4” is too small for my preference.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "The aesthetic is ok with me".
"O.K." but not "Wow" .
I think every GEC release of the last 2-3 years has been met with enthusiasm and good sales for all but 1 or 2 patterns.
This one looks 'different'. Do you think it will sell well or languish on dealer shelves ?
kj
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

RalphAlsip wrote:The aesthetic is ok with me. The size at 2 3/4” is too small for my preference.
+1 But then my opinion and two bucks will get you a cup of Starbucks coffee.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

kootenay joe wrote:Quote: "The aesthetic is ok with me".
"O.K." but not "Wow" .
I think every GEC release of the last 2-3 years has been met with enthusiasm and good sales for all but 1 or 2 patterns.
This one looks 'different'. Do you think it will sell well or languish on dealer shelves ?
kj
I am glad that i’m not the only one not excited about the aesthetics of this blue jigged bone. It is not appealing to me at all. I think these will sit on the shelves for awhile. I love wharncliffe blades but I know they aren’t that popular w/ a lot of people, so I think that plus the looks will cause this one to not be a good seller.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

It would be a good idea if some of these had a clip blade. I think it would boost sales.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

kootenay joe wrote:It would be a good idea if some of these had a clip blade. I think it would boost sales.
kj

The 06’s I have on reserve at CK don’t have this blade. I have a single w/ a clip and a two blade w/ clip and pen blade, I think. Those should be much better aesthetically and popular.
SSk
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
kootenay joe wrote:It would be a good idea if some of these had a clip blade. I think it would boost sales.
kj

The 06’s I have on reserve at CK don’t have this blade. I have a single w/ a clip and a two blade w/ clip and pen blade, I think. Those should be much better aesthetically and popular.
SSk
Mark,
The Early Reserve page on Mike's website states that the single blades will be Wharncliffe and the two blades will be Spear/Sheepsfoot. ::paranoid::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Railsplitter wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
kj

SSk
Mark,
The Early Reserve page on Mike's website states that the single blades will be Wharncliffe and the two blades will be Spear/Sheepsfoot. ::paranoid::
Rick, thank you. I was guessing just from the pictures on the early reserve. I should have read the description. Glad I am getting one of each.
Mark
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

We are a bunch of guys saying that we don't find this oddly jigged blue bone attractive. I wonder if this was designed to be attractive to women ?
Perhaps a pole could be done if you fella's with a wife or lady could ask her opinion ? I suspect it will not be the same as the male opinion.
kj
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I like the looks...just too small for me, too.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Just checked and KSF is out of stock on this. Looks like some people like it.
I’m adding a stock photo for future reference.
SSk
Attachments
gec-06-pemberton-blue-jigged-bone__34093.1548709331.jpg
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

I have a stag from the initial run. Awesome, well executed small knife. My glove size is XXL and I find it to be a substantial diminutive knife.
NapalmSloth

Post by NapalmSloth »

I have one of these on order. It should be here next week. This will be my first venture into GEC knives. I hope the bug for these knives don't hit me as hard as the Case Bug hit me.
"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." Mark Twain
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

You are coming to GEC right when this new knife, the #06, is about the only one in the last few years that all of us 'regulars' are not super enthusiastic about. This is based on looks & small size. However the GEC standard of fit & finish is superb, likely the best you have ever seen/experienced.
Expect the GEC 'bug' to be far more virulent than the Case bug.
kj
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Olde Towne Cutlery Has a good articular on the GEC Pattern # 06 Pemberton & the Coke Cola Connection
Gary
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

KSF has the linen Micarta available now. 02/01
SSk
Attachments
gec-06-pemberton-muslin-micarta__96790.1549051820.jpg
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

This is the first knife from gec that I have not reserved in awhile. I don't mind the looks but 2-3/4" is just too small to get my juices flowing.
Eye Brand Collector
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

[quote="Eye

I like the looks of this Micarta one better than I thought. Like it better than the blue bone and that’s a surprise.
I reserved a stag one blade and a stag two blade. I betting those will be a lot more appealing.
SSk
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

IMG_20190131_140046.jpg
Here's the Pemberton alongside some other smalls grom Great Eastern While I've never carried mine, the 18s see the pocket. They are all great for their purpose. Might not field dress a bear with one, but opening upba package or mail they excell.
NapalmSloth

Post by NapalmSloth »

Just received my 06 Pemberton in blue jig bone. It is small, but not any smaller than my Case Butterbean.
I have a feeling this little guy will get a lot of pocket time.
Attachments
69A3DD36-0601-4315-88DE-2665B3ADDAA2.jpeg
"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." Mark Twain
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

NapalmSloth wrote:Just received my 06 Pemberton in blue jig bone. It is small, but not any smaller than my Case Butterbean.
I have a feeling this little guy will get a lot of pocket time.
Great looking knives! That Pemberton certainly does fit right in.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Traditional Pocket Knives has this in a smooth natural white bone. Just got the email minutes ago and already ordered. Single blade, no 2 blades.
SSk

Added a picture from their website.
Attachments
s249847959340461643_p1044_i7_w160.jpeg
s249847959340461643_p1044_i7_w160.jpeg (23.22 KiB) Viewed 3793 times
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

The stag’s are hitting soon. Gunstock Jack’s already sold out. CK has their allotment and will be posting pics soon for those who early reserved.
SSk

KSF just emailed that they have the white smooth bone in stock NOW!

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”