Wonda Wood

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
tongueriver

Wonda Wood

Post by tongueriver »

I have completely lost the username of the gentleman who had a conversation about the Schrade Wonda Wood knives, Jason Rosinsky. In the meantime, I saw this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Imperial-USA-M ... 2345191486
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Wonda Wood

Post by orvet »

Very interesting, I have not seen this before.
Thanks for posting it Cal.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

These handcrafted letter openers were made using the finest Wonda Wood harvested from deep within the great Wonda Forests of Germany -
LetterOpeners.jpg
Germany.jpg
Actually they're plastic. I always assumed they were cheapo dealer giveaways. Looks like Sportcolbs found himself a whole case of them!
- Jason
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

So... they are not the same as the stabilized 'plywood' of yore, the 1960s in the hallowed halls of Schrade Walden! Who knew? I actually thought they looked kinda funky.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I think they are the same laminated & impregnated wood that Schrade-Walden used for knife handles.
Would Wanda wander in the Wonda woods ?
kj
LRV

Post by LRV »

Should Wanda wander in the Wonda woods ?
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”