Schrade Identification.... 2 Questions

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
vscience

Schrade Identification.... 2 Questions

Post by vscience »

Removed. Thx!
ea42

Re: Schrade Identification.... 2 Questions

Post by ea42 »

Are you sure that's 5 inches? I don't think Schrade ever made a senator that was five inches long. If you measure just from one end of the handle to the other I'm thinking it should be 3 1/8" long. If so that'd be model number 9426 with mother of pearl handles. Your file blade has a broken tip, and the pearl is cracked, but the blades look pretty good otherwise.

Eric
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Please upload your pictures to AAPK, I think they will be a little clearer. Besides, we have plenty of bandwidth to upload them here so they can remain for future collectors to look at. One of the functions of AAPK is to preserve information and to be a research database for future generations of knife collectors.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
vscience

Post by vscience »

Eric-- Well you're right. The knife is 3 inches. I included the length of the knife open. I added another photo with ruler . Thanks.
ea42

Post by ea42 »

I had a feeling it was that length. The 42 pattern at 3 1/8" was quite popular and had a lot of variations. There are just a few on these two pages, yours is on the second page, second one down on the left, 9426:
Schrade Cut Co 42 pattern catalog images.jpg
Eric
vscience

Post by vscience »

AWESOME! AMAZING! A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE! ::tu:: :lol: ::tu::

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”