#82 Dixie Stockmans

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: #82 Dixie Stockmans

Post by gsmith7158 »

Thanks Roland and Mark! That back side is a little thicker than I like but overall not bad. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Just got an email that the elderberry bone 82’s are in at CK. Wohoo! Man did I get carried away on the early reserves. That makes 3 82’s for me.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Love this little drop point
B206F4C7-BEE6-4A8C-B3DE-A4B9CFFBD546.jpeg
-Tim
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

FarSide wrote:Love this little drop point

That's a great pic there, FarSide, and that copperhead bone is really nice. Tempting! Looks like our friends at GEC outdid themselves with the quality on this run.

- Lee
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

m0nk wrote:
FarSide wrote:Love this little drop point

That's a great pic there, FarSide, and that copperhead bone is really nice. Tempting! Looks like our friends at GEC outdid themselves with the quality on this run.

- Lee
Thank you Sir. GEC did do a really nice job on these. This one has already smoothed out quite nicely only after 2 weeks in the pocket :)
-Tim
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"They" got me !
Email comes in from KSF, 'new #82 Stockman in bone & stag just in' but i ignored it and did something else. Came back to it, what the heck, i may as well have a look, probably all gone or nearly so by now. But, 2 pages of stag. Take my time, look at specifically at a bunch (more than 5). #41 looks very nice, both sides and slender. But still i went back and looked again at others. Finally thought well if #41 is still there i'll buy it, thinking it would for surely be gone. But it was still available so i bought it.
I have not liked the recent GEC stag received on both a 66 and a 14 and have posted so here in AAPK. So now i need to say that today's batch of 82's at KSF had some very good looking stag handles. I think the one i picked up is extremely nice. Not cheap at $156 but it is a 3 blade knife, so only $52 per blade.
I did not plan on getting a Dixie Stockman at all and i did not even try hard but now i have a very nice Dixie on it's way. I very much like a slim stockman pattern with it's rounded bolsters. Great pattern & a great working knife too at 4 1/8". I am very pleased.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

kootenay joe wrote:"They" got me !
Email comes in from KSF, 'new #82 Stockman in bone & stag just in' but i ignored it and did something else. Came back to it, what the heck, i may as well have a look, probably all gone or nearly so by now. But, 2 pages of stag. Take my time, look at specifically at a bunch (more than 5). #41 looks very nice, both sides and slender. But still i went back and looked again at others. Finally thought well if #41 is still there i'll buy it, thinking it would for surely be gone. But it was still available so i bought it.
I have not liked the recent GEC stag received on both a 66 and a 14 and have posted so here in AAPK. So now i need to say that today's batch of 82's at KSF had some very good looking stag handles. I think the one i picked up is extremely nice. Not cheap at $156 but it is a 3 blade knife, so only $52 per blade.
I did not plan on getting a Dixie Stockman at all and i did not even try hard but now i have a very nice Dixie on it's way. I very much like a slim stockman pattern with it's rounded bolsters. Great pattern & a great working knife too at 4 1/8". I am very pleased.
kj
Roland, Welcome to the “dark side”. I think you will love it when you get it. I can’t believe that I am going to have 3 different handle materials in the 82 pattern. Joining AAPK has really put a dent in my pocketbook.
I see that KSF has the elderberry bone in stock now too.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "Joining AAPK has really put a dent in my pocketbook."
There is no doubt that our talking about knives and which one we just bought induces a "mass hysteria". It soon seems normal to be buying a knife a week or to have 5 examples of the same knife, each with a different handle material.
I have been more severely affected than i am now but i am still influenced by the enthusiasm of others here. It is why i have a stag Stockman coming.
kj
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

kootenay joe wrote:Quote: "Joining AAPK has really put a dent in my pocketbook."
There is no doubt that our talking about knives and which one we just bought induces a "mass hysteria". It soon seems normal to be buying a knife a week or to have 5 examples of the same knife, each with a different handle material.
I have been more severely affected than i am now but i am still influenced by the enthusiasm of others here. It is why i have a stag Stockman coming.
kj
haha, that's rich coming from the 2 guys who've influenced about 90% of my most recent knife purchases!!
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Cletus Awreetus wrote:
kootenay joe wrote:Quote: "Joining AAPK has really put a dent in my pocketbook."
kj
haha, that's rich coming from the 2 guys who've influenced about 90% of my most recent knife purchases!!
Steve, I actually thought most of my knife purchases were behind me before I joined AAPK. Then Roland starting selling off some pieces that I absolutely could not live w/out and that started the ball rolling. I’m embarrassed by the amount I have spent on knives this year. Haven’t totaled it so I don’t let it slip some day.
The GEC’s are a nice break from all the Case knives that I have. I thought I wanted to keep collecting Winchesters, but am taken by the GEC knives. Those along w/ the Seki made knives have really drawn my attention lately. Love my Mcusta’s just as much.
SSk.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
Steve, I actually thought most of my knife purchases were behind me before I joined AAPK.
SSk.
And therein lies the "problem" with these forums. Does the saying "Out of sight, out of mind." ring a bell? :mrgreen:

If I avoid AAPK and eBay, it's easy to avoid spending money. BUT the instant I log on to either one, that evil 'want' rears it's ugly head and I'm sunk. ::facepalm::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Received my elderberry today and it's probably my favorite from the run so far, as with the other 3 construction is top notch.
Attachments
IMG_9775.jpg
IMG_9783.jpg
IMG_9781.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

JohnR wrote:Received my elderberry today and it's probably my favorite from the run so far, as with the other 3 construction is top notch.
Just got mine too John. Love this color on this one. I think this one is my favorite too.
SSk
Attachments
IMG_5020.jpeg
IMG_5021.jpeg
IMG_5022.jpeg
whiskeytango315

Post by whiskeytango315 »

Hello all,
Happy new year!
I'm new to the GEC brand and was curious if someone would clue me in where to get them. I scanned through this thread and CK was mentioned a few times? Is it a distributor/dealer?

Thanks,
J
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

There's several dealers. Your best bet is to fire up your best friend Google and look for "Great Eastern knives for sale".
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

whiskeytango315 wrote:I'm new to the GEC brand and was curious if someone would clue me in where to get them.
Here are a few links to places that sell them - there are probably many more. The desirable patterns and handle materials sell out fast so "when" you are trying to buy is probably more important than "where" you are trying to buy. :)

https://www.collectorknives.net/product ... n-cutlery/
https://www.knivesshipfree.com/great-eastern-cutlery/
https://www.traditionalpocketknives.com ... tlery.html

This link is a google search that will identify quite a few sellers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=where+t ... e&ie=UTF-8

Good luck! They are nice knives.
whiskeytango315

::tu::
Thanks for the quick response. Its greatly appreciated.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

whiskeytango315 wrote:::tu::
Here's a link to GEC'S website.
http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/pro ... -schedule/
There is a link on the bottom right of the page that shows all their dealers. Also if you check the pictures in the other links on the right such as "What's Happening " and What's Finished you can roughly guesstimate when the knives will hit the dealers. I hope you have a fast internet connection. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

JohnR, neat that you have 4 different Dixie Stockman knives. I'm surprised you like the elderberry more than the stag. Is there anything about the stag handles that is not quite what you would like ? Or, is the elderberry just very 'eye catching' ?
kj
whiskeytango315

gsmith7158 wrote:
whiskeytango315 wrote:::tu::
Here's a link to GEC'S website.
http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/pro ... -schedule/
There is a link on the bottom right of the page that shows all their dealers. Also if you check the pictures in the other links on the right such as "What's Happening " and What's Finished you can roughly guesstimate when the knives will hit the dealers. I hope you have a fast internet connection. :D
I did get to their website, that was a huge mistake, fuel on the fire. ::dang:: I did notice the schedule and can't wait. Looks like a coke bottle possibly. That would be cool.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

You can also shop ebay for the 'older' GEC knives (2006-2017). Some sellers are flippers trying to make money but others are collectors selling knives they bought new and have looked after properly. Sometimes you can get a deal when a GEC auction does not go as high as expected.
kj
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

kootenay joe wrote:JohnR, neat that you have 4 different Dixie Stockman knives. I'm surprised you like the elderberry more than the stag. Is there anything about the stag handles that is not quite what you would like ? Or, is the elderberry just very 'eye catching' ?
kj
Roland, mainly the color and jigging of thr elderberry, the color really pops. I don't dislike the stag and I feel I got a good example but I feel it really needs an unxld shield to put it over the top.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "needs an unxld shield to put it over the top."
Yes, i think it looks not quite finished without a shield. Course if one really wanted a shield there are a few knife customizers here who could inlet a shield.
kj
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

How about the soon to be released #82 possum skinner ::ds:: . Perhaps Bill over at GEC saw my Ratcliffe thread ::woot:: I want one of these ... BAD
xld.JPG
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Lansky1 wrote:How about the soon to be released #82 possum skinner ::ds:: . Perhaps Tom over at GEC saw my Ratcliffe thread ::woot:: I want one of these ... BAD

xld.JPG
Keep an eye out, just paid for my pre order at CK, not shipping to me until the 8th.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”