GEC #562218

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

GEC #562218

Post by carrmillus »

.......just got one of these as a christmas gift from my oldest son, my first GEC. being a 81 year old collector of CAMILLUS/rogers bone preference, this one is going to tsake some "getting used to"!!..........it says the handle mat'l. is natural canvas micarta, and it definitely doesn't look like rogers bone!!!!............... ::dang:: ......................
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: GEC #562218

Post by jerryd6818 »

Tommy, close your mouth, open your mind and show some appreciation for the heartfelt gift given to you. He must think quite a bit of you to spend that much on your gift. I'm betting he's as proud as a puppy with one of your new shoes so let go of the grumpy old fart act for a few minutes, smile, say thank you and mean it.

It's a really nice knife. You'll get used to it. :D
Attachments
562218-Natural-Canvas-Micarta.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...it's beginning to grow on me, jerry!!......if only it was rogers bone!!!................ ::tu::...................
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

::facepalm:: Tommy, I think there's a bunch of us that wish that but like my mother used to say, "Wish in one hand and spit in the other. See which one gets full the quickest".

No one drives a Model 'T' anymore. Nobody farms with horses nor picks cotton by hand. Nobody has an ice box in their kitchen and for the most part, all the heat is supplied by a gas, electric or fuel oil furnace. Your wife doesn't cook on a wood cook stove (just ask her if she wants to) and the water no longer comes out of a cistern. When's the last time you took a bath in a #2 wash tub? Time marches on my brother by another mother and pining for the old ways won't make 'em come back (and who wants 'em to anyway).
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

carrmillus wrote:.....if only it was rogers bone!!!..
There are folks like glennbad who can make your wish come true :)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

By golly, that would be the cat's pajamas if it had Roger's Bone handles.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

I've got more than a dozen 56s, some jigged bone would be a treat. Bought another this morning, needed a duplicate Appaloosa. Looking for the emoji of a crazed addict, ::woot:: will have to do.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

jerryd6818 wrote:::facepalm:: Tommy, I think there's a bunch of us that wish that but like my mother used to say, "Wish in one hand and spit in the other. See which one gets full the quickest".

No one drives a Model 'T' anymore. Nobody farms with horses nor picks cotton by hand. Nobody has an ice box in their kitchen and for the most part, all the heat is supplied by a gas, electric or fuel oil furnace. Your wife doesn't cook on a wood cook stove (just ask her if she wants to) and the water no longer comes out of a cistern. When's the last time you took a bath in a #2 wash tub? Time marches on my brother by another mother and pining for the old ways won't make 'em come back (and who wants 'em to anyway).
.....jerry, I would go back to those days in a heartbeat!!........... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ....................
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Am i correct that the Rogers bone factory was burned down by a Schrade heater of some kind in late 1950's and no Rogers bone has been made since then ?
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”