Remington Scout question

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Remington Scout question

Post by stockman »

I have three RS3333 scouts with the round shield. One with pattern number RS3333, one R3333 and one with no pattern number. Has anyone ever seem a Remington Scout without a pattern number?

Harold
ScoutKnives

Re: Remington Scout question

Post by ScoutKnives »

The one missing the pattern number has either worn off or was a later DuPont era Remington were the rs3333 was inked on and wore off quickly .
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

ScoutKnives wrote:The one missing the pattern number has either worn off or was a later DuPont era Remington were the rs3333 was inked on and wore off quickly .
Thanks ScoutKnives, you are probably right. I must be slipping forgot about Remington doing the inked numbers. 1933-1935 Tang stamp, DuPont was mid 1930's don't know exact date.

Thanks again
Harold
remington collector

Post by remington collector »

I believe Dupont came into the Remington scene in 1933.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

remington collector wrote:I believe Dupont came into the Remington scene in 1933.
Thanks Robert

Harold

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”