Imperial Frontier 4815 U vs 4815 S

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
DavidLea

Imperial Frontier 4815 U vs 4815 S

Post by DavidLea »

I have an Imperial Frontier lock back folding hunter with a number on the tang: 4815 U. I have a box for a Frontier 4815 S. What was this designation for? I can imagine that the S is for stainless steel, but haven't come up with anything for the U. I am thinking of selling the knife - it is part of a collection that my father-in-law had. It is great when we can find a box to match the knife, but this seems like a pretty big faux pas to put this knife in this box. May have sold the one that belonged in the box when I was still trying to figure this big collection out!

Would appreciate some seasoned advice!
The earth is one country and mankind its citizens. - Baha'u'llah 1863
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Imperial Frontier 4815 U vs 4815 S

Post by orvet »

If you can post a picture of the knife esp with blades open, a couple views and pics of the box. That would help as it is very hard to remember all the knife patterns by number. Most of us have 2 or 3 brands we collect and it is near impossible to remember one brand and model numbers, let alone a third or fourth brand.

I don't think most of us are familiar enough with Frontier patterns to know them by number.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
LRV

Post by LRV »

List of Frontiers
List of Frontiers
4815.jpg
4815.jpg (8.09 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Larry may have the information, but I seem to recall a Frontier 5" lockback with a drop point blade, but I don't see it on the list just Larry posted.
Anyone remember the model number of the drop point?
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”