Another Lever Lock Shell Puller

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
outkast

Another Lever Lock Shell Puller

Post by outkast »

Mail Call !!!!!! And then there were 9. Got me another German Shell Puller. Sadly sometime during it's life it passed through the hands of The Grinder Man. Not only did the get the blade looks like the tang has been hit also removing the maker. Either way it's got nice stag and is a shell puller so I'll take it.
Unmarked Lever Lock (1).jpg
Unmarked Lever Lock (2).jpg
Unmarked Lever Lock (3).jpg
Unmarked Lever Lock (4).jpg
11-8-18.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Another Lever Lock Shell Puller

Post by doglegg »

Great looking bunch Outkast. Too bad about the grinder monkey. But still a knice knife. All I have ever seen are for 12 and 16. I know that 16 is very popular in Europe. Have you ever seen one for any other gage? ::shrug:: ::tu:: ::tu::
outkast

Post by outkast »

doglegg wrote:Great looking bunch Outkast. Too bad about the grinder monkey. But still a knice knife. All I have ever seen are for 12 and 16. I know that 16 is very popular in Europe. Have you ever seen one for any other gage? ::shrug:: ::tu:: ::tu::
I have one that is marked WHITBY Foreign that is 12/20. Then I also have one marked Aquila Scarperia which is Italian and the only one I've ever seen that was marked 20/24. Aside from the handle material the WHITBY is almost identical.
AQ2.jpg
AQ3.jpg
AQ4.jpg
AQ5.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks for the reply. 20/24 very unusual. I always enjoy your post and collection of the shell pullers. ::nod::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Beautiful old knife, even if the grinder man has got hold of it. And it’s even made for my favorite shotgun gauge!!! My oldest two boys hunt with me now and I have them shooting 16 gauges just like I do.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “European-made knives”