Jaeger Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Jaeger Knives

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

This was first listed at $400.00. Now $299.00.

I think that's less than $25.00 per knife, plus the marked display case.

Instant collection for somebody.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AERIAL-JAEGER- ... 0033.m2042

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
mrwatch

Re: Jaeger Knives

Post by mrwatch »

Thanks, I do not recognize it. also a link shown for a Vintage Buster Brown Shoe Co. St. Louis Campers 4 Blade Bone Handle Pocket Knife. Not seen one. I was born in St. Louise. parents took us to the local shoe store to buy Buster Brown shoes for school. mid 1950's. don't remember a knife but we put our feet in the fluoroscope machine to see our toes. also he had a metal bracelet with I believe a rocket ship on it. He used like a Dremel engraver to put our names on them. Who was Jaeger knives? who made them?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

From Levine's Guide
Jaeger Brothers: One of the first American entrants into the sport hunting knife market after WWI was Jaeger Brothers of Marinette, Wisconsin, owners of the Aerial Manufacturing Company (see Makers of Picture Handle Pocketknives)
Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Nice knives, too. I think I recall seeing more than one "Buster Brown" knife made in a woodcraft pattern by Marbles. Oh... try this:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl= ... c3l3GXkB6Q
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I ran across this one last weekend at our local fleamarket, noticing the nice bone on an otherwise beat knife. I paid $2 for it and at the time I was thinking of using the 4 1/8" frame to build a custom bull moose by making new clip and spear blades for it. I had never seen a Jaeger knife before, and after I got to looking at it good and prying the broken off blade open, I might have to change plans and try to keep it more original. It appears that the broken off blade might not have been a blade, but rather a saw. One can see if you look closely at the center picture that there is what appears to be a single tooth of a saw left behind. Has anyone ever seen a Jaeger with a clip blade and a saw blade?
IMG_2832.JPG
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
ThatWeirdKnifeGuy
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by ThatWeirdKnifeGuy »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:40 pm I ran across this one last weekend at our local fleamarket, noticing the nice bone on an otherwise beat knife. I paid $2 for it and at the time I was thinking of using the 4 1/8" frame to build a custom bull moose by making new clip and spear blades for it. I had never seen a Jaeger knife before, and after I got to looking at it good and prying the broken off blade open, I might have to change plans and try to keep it more original. It appears that the broken off blade might not have been a blade, but rather a saw. One can see if you look closely at the center picture that there is what appears to be a single tooth of a saw left behind. Has anyone ever seen a Jaeger with a clip blade and a saw blade?
IMG_2832.JPG
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG
I just found this at a garage sale for 2 dollars and found yours when I was looking for info on it. It appears to be similar to yours, though mine is missing a scale and a shield. The main on mine looks like it was a clip with a long square pull, but there's not a lot of blade left. The second is stuck yet down in the well, I'll get it out but for now id say its a pen. I haven't done anything to this yet other than rub the stamp with some steel wool to read it better. I live about 2 hours away from Marinette in Wisconsin. I'm interested in this one, because I love knife history and this one being local is cool for me. Didn't know Jaeger bros existed until I found this. Now I'm on the lookout for more.
Attachments
20231010_084443.jpg
20231010_084507.jpg
20231010_084520.jpg
::nod:: https://newlifeknives.etsy.com ::nod::

That's my Etsy store where I sell old knives and sometimes handmade knife accessories to support my knife habbit. Thanks for looking my friend. ::tu::
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

ThatWeirdKnifeGuy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:54 pm
OLDE CUTLER wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:40 pm I ran across this one last weekend at our local fleamarket, noticing the nice bone on an otherwise beat knife. I paid $2 for it and at the time I was thinking of using the 4 1/8" frame to build a custom bull moose by making new clip and spear blades for it. I had never seen a Jaeger knife before, and after I got to looking at it good and prying the broken off blade open, I might have to change plans and try to keep it more original. It appears that the broken off blade might not have been a blade, but rather a saw. One can see if you look closely at the center picture that there is what appears to be a single tooth of a saw left behind. Has anyone ever seen a Jaeger with a clip blade and a saw blade?
IMG_2832.JPG
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG
I just found this at a garage sale for 2 dollars and found yours when I was looking for info on it. It appears to be similar to yours, though mine is missing a scale and a shield. The main on mine looks like it was a clip with a long square pull, but there's not a lot of blade left. The second is stuck yet down in the well, I'll get it out but for now id say its a pen. I haven't done anything to this yet other than rub the stamp with some steel wool to read it better. I live about 2 hours away from Marinette in Wisconsin. I'm interested in this one, because I love knife history and this one being local is cool for me. Didn't know Jaeger bros existed until I found this. Now I'm on the lookout for more.
I rebuilt that Jaeger that I posted the picture of. See the details here: viewtopic.php?t=62191&hilit=Jaeger
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

With a blade that worn, somebody really loved that knife and carried it for years. Maybe more than one somebody.
I do wish sometimes that these old knives could talk and tell their stories!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “General Knife Discussion”