Vestal or Scout ??

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Jporter1974

Vestal or Scout ??

Post by Jporter1974 »

What is the difference that would cause Wadsworth to call the same knife by two different names? The Language? Where it was sold? I'm very confused with this little knife and any help would be appreciated ~ Jon
Attachments
20181108_023345.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Vestal or Scout ??

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'm going out on a limb here and make a WAG. Since Vestal is on the shield, maybe it was made for the Vestal Watch Co. ::shrug:: That sort of thing happens frequently. Consider the annual AAPK Forum knife. It's made by GEC but has an AAPK tang stamp AND AAPK on the shield.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jporter1974

Post by Jporter1974 »

I can see that happening, because the knife is tiny. If I were to have put a dime with it for size relevance, the dime would hide 90% of the knife. Thanks Jerry ~Jon
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Man o man. Just imagine it brand new back in the day hanging from some dapper dressed gentleman’s watch chain threaded through the button of his waist coat and tucked into the pocket on the other side. I wonder how many cigar caps it’s cut off?

That’s a dandy little knife.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”