Another Low Dollar Robeson Razor From Ebay

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
RobesonsRme.com

Another Low Dollar Robeson Razor From Ebay

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I am sometimes amazed at the opening bids or Buy-It-Now prices for Robeson razors on EBay. They tend to start in the 70’s and go up to 150 or so.

I have recently gotten two for about 25 dollars each. One was the Masonic/Our Pride in a previous post and I just received this one today. I paid $22.50 for it.

For whatever reason, I’ve never had a Bamboo handled razor. Some refer to these as skeleton or finger bone handles, but having slept in bamboo in Viet Nam, I know it when I see it.

It has a nice, full, deep etch on it.

I don’t buy plain Jane razors like black or white handled ones, unless they predate 1900. I like fancy handles or self-advertisers.

I think this one is pretty nice and I can probably sell it down the road for more than I paid.

Photos should expand with a left click or two.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
E9400C57-9986-4942-9CC9-47D20D5EB3DE.jpeg
66F3F00B-0476-4D0E-8C4F-2BD76F3690B4.jpeg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Another Low Dollar Robeson Razor From Ebay

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I'm not a razor guy myself, but that one is really neat!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

That is a classy looking straight razor. Off and on I've tried to use straight razors but never had much success.
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:I am sometimes amazed at the opening bids or Buy-It-Now prices for Robeson razors on EBay. They tend to start in the 70’s and go up to 150 or so.

I have recently gotten two for about 25 dollars each. One was the Masonic/Our Pride in a previous post and I just received this one today. I paid $22.50 for it.

For whatever reason, I’ve never had a Bamboo handled razor. Some refer to these as skeleton or finger bone handles, but having slept in bamboo in Viet Nam, I know it when I see it.

It has a nice, full, deep etch on it.

I don’t buy plain Jane razors like black or white handled ones, unless they predate 1900. I like fancy handles or self-advertisers.

I think this one is pretty nice and I can probably sell it down the road for more than I paid.

Photos should expand with a left click or two.

Charlie Noyes
That's just plumb cool Charlie!! :)

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”