Case XX Ivory Scrimshaw matching Serial # Selling as a set

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Case XX Ivory Scrimshaw matching Serial # Selling as a set

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I posted these to show them off a few months ago when I got them back from Gary Harbour. I bought these knives from Shepherd Hills Cutlery. I have the certificates from them that the ivory is legal. I have Certificate of Origin from Mr Gary Harbour who did the hand Scrimshaw work for me. Offering them for sale as a complete matching serial number set for 4800 dollars. Hand scrimed, one of a kind.
I will offer this as a set only for a period of time and then I will consider breaking up the set and sell off individually. I would much rather see this go as a set and stay together.
Please ask if you want to see more photos.
4800 is my asking price I will consider reasonable offers.
Thanks,
SSk
More pictures to follow
Attachments
IMG_3658.jpeg
IMG_3659.jpeg
IMG_3660.jpeg
IMG_3661.jpeg
IMG_3662.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case XX Ivory Scrimshaw matching Serial # Selling as a set

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:I posted these to show them off a few months ago when I got them back from Gary Harbour. I bought these knives from Shepherd Hills Cutlery. I have the certificates from them that the ivory is legal. I have Certificate of Origin from Mr Gary Harbour who did the hand Scrimshaw work for me. Offering them for sale as a complete matching serial number set for 4800 dollars. Hand scrimed, one of a kind.
I will offer this as a set only for a period of time and then I will consider breaking up the set and sell off individually. I would much rather see this go as a set and stay together.
Thanks,
SSk
More pictures to follow
Attachments
IMG_3665.jpeg
IMG_3666.jpeg
IMG_3667.jpeg
IMG_3668.jpeg
IMG_3669.jpeg
IMG_3670.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:I posted these to show them off a few months ago when I got them back from Gary Harbour. I bought these knives from Shepherd Hills Cutlery. I have the certificates from them that the ivory is legal. I have Certificate of Origin from Mr Gary Harbour who did the hand Scrimshaw work for me. Offering them for sale as a complete matching serial number set for 4800 dollars. Hand scrimed, one of a kind.
Thanks,
SSk
More pictures to follow
Attachments
IMG_3675.jpeg
IMG_3676.jpeg
IMG_3673.jpeg
IMG_3674.jpeg
IMG_3671.jpeg
IMG_3672.jpeg
gino

Post by gino »

Mark
Those are beautiful
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

gino wrote:Mark
Those are beautiful
Thank you Gino. I had a lot a reservations about having them scrimed, but once I got them back, I was overjoyed at how nice they turned out. Plus only having scrim on one side gives someone the option to display them either way.
I hope they sell as a group. I would hate to break up the set. All have 034 serial numbers. Only 100 sets made. I don’t know how many actually bought all the knives that matched the first one we got the chance to buy. Shepherd Hills was wonderful to give everyone the fist shot at their matching serial numbers when they came out with the other patterns.
This truely is one of a kind.
SSk
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Man that's a great set Mark. I sure hope someone here gets those. Those are done up real nice. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

XX Case XX wrote:Man that's a great set Mark. I sure hope someone here gets those. Those are done up real nice. ::tu::

Thank you Mike. You can never be sure when you make a decision to forever alter a set of beautiful knives like this. But I thought that they came out great. I prefere the ones w/ no people in them and just ships. I love the color on these. As a set, they all look really nice. I hope someone else will be enjoying them soon.
Mark
npeters3

Post by npeters3 »

Wow, those are really something!! This is a very unique set and some excellent work done by Mr Gary Harbour. I am not familiar with him, but I am curious. Did he tell you how many hours he had invested in this set for the one side of each knife?
thank you
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

npeters3 wrote:Wow, those are really something!! This is a very unique set and some excellent work done by Mr Gary Harbour. I am not familiar with him, but I am curious. Did he tell you how many hours he had invested in this set for the one side of each knife?
thank you
Gary Harbour did all the scrimshaw work for Kershaw for many years. You can actually search for his work on eBay. He also scrims knives that he sells from his studio. He does excellent work. He is a big believer in color scrimshaw and I think he is right.
I don’t remember the exact amount of time each one took. The process is very involved w/ taping the bolsters and liners, then sanding the surface and preparing it for the color. Then he usually works one color at a time on each of the pieces. Not sure if he could calculate the exact amount of time each one takes. I’m sure it’s several for each one by the time it’s done.
Thanks for the complement, they are unique.
SSk
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Mark, I love scrim and think you have a magnificent set. Which you already know. It is with regret that after mature thought, I decided I do need to keep my car. Otherwise.......in a heart beat.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Quick Steel wrote:Mark, I love scrim and think you have a magnificent set. Which you already know. It is with regret that after mature thought, I decided I do need to keep my car. Otherwise.......in a heart beat.
QS, Stop over thinking it, just do it, come on, just say yes. You can always take a bus or hitch a ride. But you won’t get another chance to own this set again.
SSk
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

:lol: Unfortunately we don't have public transportation in the countryside. As for hitchhiking, well, although folks are friendly around here I tend to frighten them.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Quick Steel wrote::lol: Unfortunately we don't have public transportation in the countryside. As for hitchhiking, well, although folks are friendly around here I tend to frighten them.
QS, That’s funny.
r redden

Post by r redden »

Absolutely beautiful Mark. ::tu:: ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

r redden wrote:Absolutely beautiful Mark. ::tu:: ::tu::

Thank you. I just wish I could pass along all the praise to Gary Harbour, he is the one that deserves it.
So for those of you who have seen this, who do you know that would be interested in owning this collection? Is there someone who needs an idea of something like this to buy for that knife collector in the family for Christmas?
Just help me by thinking of those people and making a contact to show them the collection.
Thanks a bunch.
SSk
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

No offers on this so far, so I am going to lower the price to 4300 shipped. This is a one of a kind set that you will not find anywhere else in the world. I can say that confidently, knowing that Gary Harbour has never scrimshawed another set of matching serial numbered Case ivory knives.
SSk
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

One last markdown. Not sure if I will break up the set or just keep them if they don’t sell.
$3900 shipped.
Mark
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

One more bump on this one. Will entertain offers if they are reasonable.
Mark

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”