David Yellowhorse

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
fitzroe

David Yellowhorse

Post by fitzroe »

My Grandson got me this as a gift at a truck stop in Ohio 20+ years ago. No box or paperwork. Any comments good or bad are appreciated.
Bk1a.jpg
BK1b.jpg
Bk1d.jpg
BK1e.jpg
XX Case XX

Re: David Yellowhorse

Post by XX Case XX »

I'm confused. The top photo and the bottom photo appear to be 2 different knives. The handle on the top photo appears to be a brick red color, but the one on the bottom looks like it's black. Are they the same knife?

Also, on the top photo I can barely see the pin, but on the bottom picture, it appears as though the pin is literally protruding from the bolster. Were these photos taken at different times?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
just bob

Post by just bob »

I think it's like the Santa Fe Stonework's knives sometimes they only do one side on them. Your knife looks good to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Buck-D ... 7675.l2557
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
fitzroe

Post by fitzroe »

I forgot to edit the pic. They are the same knife. I see what you mean about the Santa Fe but this has the Yellowhorse signature
BK1e.jpg
fitzroe

Post by fitzroe »

That bolster is like the top picture. I cropped that out and magnified it several times. It's just a bad pic due to my edits.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

fitzroe wrote:That bolster is like the top picture. I cropped that out and magnified it several times. It's just a bad pic due to my edits.
Then I would agree with the prior post in that it appears to legit.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
fitzroe

Post by fitzroe »

Bob, I found that knife. It had already sold. That's exactly like mine. That guy knows how to take pictures unlike me.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

The fact that it came from your grandson makes it priceless no matter what the knife. You have a very thoughtful young man right there!

BTW - ::welcome::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
fitzroe

Post by fitzroe »

bestgear, I put it in my display case and pulled it out today for the first time. I'm was sure he said it was a Dale Earnhardt knife. My grandson was his fan.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”