Another RH 35

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Another RH 35

Post by Mossdancer »

This old guy has some personality. Between the Knife and the sheath I believe it has four different date stamps. The entire package is as found several years ago. It will eventually be cleaned when it comes its time. It has an anomaly as we know the rh35 had a five and a quarter inch blade. Evidently somewhere along I think someone want it to be known so thaey stampede with a 1/4 after the 5. That was done after the knife was heat treated I believe otherwise the bottom of stamp would be dark as the rest of stamps are. Remington certainly spared no expense in building these old knives. The colors of stack just leaps at you. They are far superior to the Pal RH 35 knives. Here are several photos so take a look and utter some opinions.
moss
PICT0001.JPG
PICT0002.JPG
PICT0003.JPG
PICT0004.JPG
PICT0007.JPG
PICT0008.JPG
PICT0009.JPG
PICT0010.JPG
PICT0011.JPG
PICT0012.JPG
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
espn77

Re: Another RH 35

Post by espn77 »

Very nice. ::tu::
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Another RH 35

Post by stagman »

Howdy WB..how the heck are ya ??? Was it a good summer down
at the docks for ya ???...I think you described that RH 35 to a tee.
Nice looking old Remington, just got a feel to em don't they !!!
Take care Ol Hoss

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”