Randall knives info

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
buddyie22

Randall knives info

Post by buddyie22 »

Randall knives....Thought it maybe interesting to some who have,want,or are interested in Randall knives. I live in central Florida close to the Randall knive company, been down here since 2004 came from north east Kansas. My friend Scott and I attend the same church in Wintergarden Florida,about 7 or 8 miles west of Orlando.Scott is a supervisor at Randall,has been there around 15 years (I think). He is the last person that sees the knife before it is shipped to parts unknown. Pretty much quality control I guess. Here is a picture of him and his wife and a few Randall’s he has in his collection. He walks, talks, bleeds Randall knives. Good friend.
ED587ABC-2A07-46A6-B3F8-77850110E44C.jpeg
ED8933CE-0C0D-43D8-BD9E-F2A550AE4A21.jpeg
0F1BF127-932F-4415-A9FC-1C46BB5C39BB.jpeg
Click on pic it should turn right side up.( don’t know why it does that) .
Honey do you have your pocket knife ? Do I have my pants on?
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Randall knives info

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

buddyie22 wrote:Randall knives....Thought it maybe interesting to some who have,want,or are interested in Randall knives. I live in central Florida close to the Randall knive company, been down here since 2004 came from north east Kansas. My friend Scott and I attend the same church in Wintergarden Florida,about 7 or 8 miles west of Orlando.Scott is a supervisor at Randall,has been there around 15 years (I think). He is the last person that sees the knife before it is shipped to parts unknown. Pretty much quality control I guess. Here is a picture of him and his wife and a few Randall’s he has in his collection. He walks, talks, bleeds Randall knives. Good friend.ED587ABC-2A07-46A6-B3F8-77850110E44C.jpegED8933CE-0C0D-43D8-BD9E-F2A550AE4A21.jpeg0F1BF127-932F-4415-A9FC-1C46BB5C39BB.jpeg Click on pic it should turn right side up.( don’t know why it does that) .

Very nice collection. That would look good in my house. I love the picture in the background of Jesus washing Peters feet.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
eveled

Post by eveled »

Very nice! I hope he has some he uses. Nice to know quality control is handled by a Patriots fan.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I have never collected Randall Knives but have been aware of them for years - they have a cult like following among Soldiers. I was gifted with my first one (this Number 1) from my fellow officers when I relinquished command of the 30th CSG in 2003. My second is the only other one I own, I bought a deer hunting model #26 from a stocking dealer in Fayetteville NC a good time back. They are excellent knives. OH
Attachments
Randall #1.JPG
Randall #26-4 Skinning Knife.JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Since they wouldn't turn right side up for me, I figured there must be others with the same problem.
0F1BF127-932F-4415-A9FC-1C46BB5C39BB.jpg
ED587ABC-2A07-46A6-B3F8-77850110E44C.jpg
ED8933CE-0C0D-43D8-BD9E-F2A550AE4A21.jpg

I only have one. Bought it sometime around 1978 at a gun shop up the street from me. It's a Model 8 Trout & Bird. I would love to have more but you can't get one for $117 these days. Even the Effingham Blackjacks go for a good bit more than that.
Randall Mod 8 - Trout & Bird - Stag.JPG
DSC02540.JPG
As the Colonel said, very popular with the troops during Viet Nam. Two guys in my hooch owned 'em. StClair had a Model #1 and Kjentvet had a Model #18 Crutch Tip. Kjentvet sold his at some point in time between then and now and is very sorry he did. A Viet Nam carried #18 Crutch Tip brings a ton of money these days.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

That's a very nice #8 Jerry; my tastes today run heavily to hunting designs over warrior designs. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”