Do Remington/Camillus R1263 Silver Bullets exist?

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Modern Slip Joints

Do Remington/Camillus R1263 Silver Bullets exist?

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

My thread title is my question. The R1263 is the approximately 5 3/8" banana trapper pattern assembled with clip point master and pen blades. I have the 3 variations that I have seen, a 1986 R1263 Hunter with brown Delrin sides, a .257 Roberts Camillus Classic Cartridge CCC-4, and the 1998 National Knife Collector's Association (NKCA). The latter two have the same jigged bone as Remington sterling Silver Bullet knives. The NKCA knife has a NKCA shield on the marker side and a Camillus shield on the pile side. Since my NKCA knife's pen blade is stamped CCC-4 it appears Camillus used up left over CCC-4 parts in NKCA knives. Apparently this was not a popular choice of blades in banana trappers so my guess is the reason I have not seen a sterling silver bullet R1263 is they sold poorly. If any were made I'd like to complete my collection.

The master blade in these matches my most used kitchen paring knives closer than any other pocket knife and while camping I use knives for food preparation more often than any other use.
Vit_213

Re: Do Remington/Camillus R1263 Silver Bullets exist?

Post by Vit_213 »

The answer to the question is no.
Look at the table on this site http://vit213.narod.ru/rem/bullet.html
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Thank-you for the answer and the table of Remington Bullet knives. ::tu::

What country are you in? I only know English.
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

I am Russian :)
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

I'm more interested in the question - why R3843 SB Trailhand was not made? ::shrug::

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”