Variety of 50+ Knives I inherited - Camillus, Schrade, German, Pakistan, and more

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
OleSmoky

Variety of 50+ Knives I inherited - Camillus, Schrade, German, Pakistan, and more

Post by OleSmoky »

Hey all, some of you may have seen my other post about the Case knives in the collection I inherited over at viewtopic.php?f=66&t=58531 . Here are the 50+ other knives from that collection with a wide variety of brands.

Any insight into info & value on any of these are greatly appreciated! If you need to see better, more detailed pics of any of them, I'll be glad to do so.

Thanks in advance!

This knife was in this box, but this isn't a Choctaw II is it? Says Pakistan Solingen on the back of the blade....beautiful wood.
IMG_4601.jpg
IMG_4604.jpg
IMG_4593.jpg
IMG_4599.jpg
IMG_4585.jpg
IMG_4590.jpg
IMG_4591.jpg
IMG_4597.jpg
IMG_4603.jpg
Top-left knife is custom made with "Bob Parton" engraved on the blade near the handle.
IMG_4584.jpg
OleSmoky

Re: Variety of 50+ Knives I inherited - Camillus, Schrade, German, Pakistan, and more

Post by OleSmoky »

IMG_4586.jpg
IMG_4587.jpg
IMG_4592.jpg
IMG_4600.jpg
IMG_4588.jpg
IMG_4594.jpg
IMG_4596.jpg
IMG_4598.jpg
Kinda hard to see on the blade but it's a Congressional District 709
IMG_4602.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Variety of 50+ Knives I inherited - Camillus, Schrade, German, Pakistan, and more

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

In my opinion, there isn’t much of value in the whole lot. You can see most of these knives on eBay listed for 5 to 10 bucks and no bids. Great many of these are made in China and are mass produced. Anything made in Pakistan is off limits for me. I don’t even know what Solingen Pakistan means? Just a way to confuse the buyer into thinking he is getting a German made knife, when in reality it’s a cheap Pakistan made knife. Seeing more and more of this all the time, unfortunately.
Sorry that wasn’t pie in the sky enthusiasm, but I call as I see em. I could be wrong, I’m not perfect.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
OleSmoky

Post by OleSmoky »

Couple more I missed
Attachments
531A5CEF-461A-44A1-8595-3E5080D31C39.jpeg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Y'all know, opinions are kinda' like noses, everybody has one. :) My opinion differs from Marks' opinion maybe because of what we like or how we accumulate/collect.
The Camillus Yellow Jackets, are great in my book, as are some of the Schrades and I feel they would go beyond the 5-10 dollar range at least in my camp they would. Granted there are some duds in the bunch and your 1st post the other day had some nice knives in it. Some of the lesser valued knives would be great when some of us at AAPK participate in the POS round table every now and then. They are also great to give a responsible youngster who might show an interest in knives, just to get him started. There are a couple I would use to scrape paint but definitely not the little red handle Case in the last picture! :wink:
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Your last two, a Case and Bulldog, look to be in fairly decent shape and would have some value on ebay. The Bulldog appears to have a celluloid handle which I avoid. But they do sell well. I suggest you review the ebay listings keeping in mind that the condition of the knives will greatly influence price.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Any Camillus from before they closed that doesn't have a broken blade or handle is worth at least $15 bucks on ebay. I know because I look for them and most go higher than that!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I would encourage you to isolate that Bulldog knife from the others. It shows indications of out gassing (chemical breakdown of the celluloid handles) which gives off a caustic gas that will corrode metal. If you look closely you'll see brownish discoloration of the shield and at least part of one of the bolsters. Sadly, Bulldog celluloid is notorious for out gassing. I used to own a few but sold them long ago for that very reason. It has the potential to damage other knives stored with it.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Good call and advice Phil!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I think the Schrade branded knives are Schrade China which are under $20 new so unless you bundle them 5 for $20, nobody will buy them. These knives can often be sold at flea markets if prices are kept low, like $5-$10 max.
Definitely isolate that Bulldog knife NOW if you have not already done so. "Isolate" = keep it well away from all other knives: different storage container, different room if possible.
kj
just bob

Post by just bob »

There's an entire series of these Schrade / USA knives with a native American theme. These are better knives. I don't collect Schrade and am not certain which one this is, but you might search for Kachina knife on ebay and similar ones will come up. Good luck with you knives.
Attachments
aapk.jpg
aapk.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 997 times
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Ole Smokey, I can identify with your Grand pa. I got some good ones and then I've got some I've just accumulated and I like them all. Value as to dollar amount, well put them on the bay and I know a lot of folks think more of some knives than I do. Thank you for sharing them. I appreciate the effort as that is a lot of pictures to take and post. ::tu:: ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The China Schrades are exact copies of the original USA Schrades. The way to know is "USA" is on the tang of every Schrade USA knife. You need to look at the tang to know if USA or China.
kj
OleSmoky

Post by OleSmoky »

philco wrote:I would encourage you to isolate that Bulldog knife from the others. It shows indications of out gassing (chemical breakdown of the celluloid handles) which gives off a caustic gas that will corrode metal. If you look closely you'll see brownish discoloration of the shield and at least part of one of the bolsters. Sadly, Bulldog celluloid is notorious for out gassing. I used to own a few but sold them long ago for that very reason. It has the potential to damage other knives stored with it.
Thank you! Done!
just bob wrote:There's an entire series of these Schrade / USA knives with a native American theme. These are better knives. I don't collect Schrade and am not certain which one this is, but you might search for Kachina knife on ebay and similar ones will come up. Good luck with you knives.
It's the Schrade Morning Star
kootenay joe wrote:I think the Schrade branded knives are Schrade China which are under $20 new so unless you bundle them 5 for $20, nobody will buy them. These knives can often be sold at flea markets if prices are kept low, like $5-$10 max.
Definitely isolate that Bulldog knife NOW if you have not already done so. "Isolate" = keep it well away from all other knives: different storage container, different room if possible.
kj
Looks like these have USA....whew :D Only "China" knife in here I think is (ironically) the Eagle one wrapped in plastic.

doglegg wrote:Ole Smokey, I can identify with your Grand pa. I got some good ones and then I've got some I've just accumulated and I like them all. Value as to dollar amount, well put them on the bay and I know a lot of folks think more of some knives than I do. Thank you for sharing them. I appreciate the effort as that is a lot of pictures to take and post. ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks! I know the pics aren't the best quality, but hopefully it gave you all an idea of them. ::tu::
thefarside

Post by thefarside »

Ole Smokey
I believe Just Bob gave you wise council regarding the Schrade with the beaded Pouch/sheath. This series brought large money at one time and still has a bit of a following. Review some past sales on ebay before you let it go.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

After looking a little closer, I do see a knife in there that would bring 50 to 60 dollars. It’s the Henckels Copperhead. That is if the condition is good. It looks in the picture like the bolster is really corroded, or that might just be a shadow. Henckels have been hot lately. I watch the auctions and every Henckels knife that isn’t started too high is bringing good money.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “General Knife Discussion”