Fixed Blade Knife ID Help

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
skyndlyve

Fixed Blade Knife ID Help

Post by skyndlyve »

I bought this Custom Fixed Blade knife on auction, Attached is the tang markings, Knifemaker is supposed to be from Montana, If anyone can help me ID the knifemaker it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Tony
Attachments
T&S Knife Makers Montana.jpg
T&S Knife Makers Montana2.jpg
kootenay joe

Re: Fixed Blade Knife ID Help

Post by kootenay joe »

Skydive, welcome to AAPK. That is a large knife ! I have not seen that marking before but there are literally thousands of knife makers in USA today.
Hopefully someone who does know or is a Montana knife maker will post.
kj
skyndlyve

Post by skyndlyve »

KJ, Thanks for looking, If you know anyone who collects or has a lot of Montana made knives, share this to them, Maybe they have seen the tang marking before, I posted it to the Montana Knifemakers Association, Maybe something will come from it,
Thanks Again!
Tony
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

It certainly looks sturdy. The handle would be long enough for about anybody's hand. Built to work for sure. ::nod:: ::nod::
skyndlyve

Post by skyndlyve »

Blade steel is over 1/4" thick, It's a real custom, But without a name to go with it, It won't hold the value, That's why I'm searching the logo on the blade tang!
Tony
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Tony if you come across a knife maker located in Montana i suggest you email him with picture of mark & knife attached. It is likely that knife makers know the other knife makers in their state.
kj
skyndlyve

Post by skyndlyve »

Thanks KJ!, I contacted the Montana Knifemakers Association and sent them pictures and they told me they would see if they can find the maker, It's a great knife but without the makers name cuts what I gave for it in half, When I bought it, I was under the impression the seller knew the maker, Now that I have it, the seller doesn't respond, If all else fails I can file a dispute for a return, But with my luck after sending it back I find out the maker and it's worth triple what I paid, At this point I'm taking a chance Ha Ha!
Thanks Again!
Tony
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Is that fuller on both sides? Looks too deep to put on both sides. I have never seen that mark before, let us know if you get any info on it from the Mt. Knife Makers. Looks like a good sturdy knife however. ::tu:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
skyndlyve

Post by skyndlyve »

The blood groove is on both sides, The blade 1/4" thick, Found out it is a CNC blade made by Stryker, Somebody just put handles on it and called it custom, Nice blank for $50.00, But Not the Custom Knife I thought I bought, Thanks to all on here for the help!, Tony
https://woodworld-of-texas.myshopify.co ... blank-only

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”