Electric Ratcliff

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Electric Ratcliff

Post by QTCut5 »

Gentlemen...I present to you the one and only 'Electric Ratcliff" custom mod by Lansky1, the creator of the original Ratcliff. I know what you're thinking..."That Muskrat doesn't have a Wharncliffe blade...it has a sheepfoot." And while you may be correct, the possible name combinations, Muskfoot & Sheeprat just didn't seem to have quite the same the panache (besides, it's actually more of a sheepcliffe blade anyway) so I'm sticking with John's original name for his Muskrat Wharncliffe creation and adding "Electric" because he modified the original clip blade into a super fine flathead eyeglasses screwdriver, kind of like an electrician's knife...sort of...(for optometrists?). Anyway, call it what you will, he turned an old Queen muskrat with a worn out clip blade into a beautiful and useful tool.

Thank you, John...Great work as always. I am VERY pleased with how it turned out. Now that's what I call an "Improved Muskrat"!

Before:
P7300007.JPG
P7300008.JPG
P7300009.JPG
After:
P8090032.JPG
P8090033.JPG
~Q~
~Q~
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Electric Ratcliff

Post by glennbad »

Cool, looks neat and useful!
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Interesting, to say the least . .. ... .. .
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Glad you like it Q ... reminds me of something my dad used to say for situations like this - "making something out of nothing". That muskrat blade was pretty worn out, so glad i could make it into something more useful to you ...

John
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I'm impressed with how fine you were able to make the screwdriver tip...in fact, I think it's probably going to get more use as a toothpick than as a screwdriver...very handy little tool to have, indeed.
Me be very pleased ::super_happy::!!

~Q~
~Q~
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Hey Brother....It's yours, call it what you want ::nod::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Just stumbled onto this Beretta and I thought the bottle opener blade looked kind of familiar. ::undecided::

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293498129612?s ... 1438.l2649
Beretta.jpg

And here I was thinking that I had invented that blade shape (with John's help, of course), but apparently every conceivable blade shape possible has already been invented; there's nothing new left to invent (unless you're Gil Hibben).
~Q~
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Cool Mod Q and Lansky. Looked one of a kind to me, can't believe you found another Q. I like seeing things I've never seen before, that is two today. Good ones.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”