Help identifying

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Chefglenrd

Help identifying

Post by Chefglenrd »

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can help identifying this Colonial Cub Scout knife. It resembles the Camillus except the scales are smooth.
Attachments
IMG_20180807_090436.jpg
IMG_20180807_090512.jpg
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help identifying

Post by philco »

I have the Camillus stamped twin to your knife. In his book Official Scout Blades, Ed Holbrook shows the Camillus version was produced in 1992 with solid blue handles and a hot stamped shield. Oddly, there is no listing in his book for the Colonial knife like you have. Just speculating here but it might be possible that one of these companies made the knives for both themselves and the other company as well. That's been a pretty common practice in the knife industry for many years.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Chefglenrd

Post by Chefglenrd »

Yeah I thought of that possibility too. But that would make a Colonial stamped one worth a lot more than the Camillus due to the rarity, right? And I can't see Colonial being valued more than a Camillus. But I've been wrong before. Just ask my wife. She tells me everyday. ::ds::
Chefglenrd

Post by Chefglenrd »

I've also got another one I'm not too sure about. It's a small faux tortoise shell 2 pen blade w/ scissors, made in Germany by S.B.?? Anyone??
Attachments
IMG_20180807_135210.jpg
IMG_20180807_135231.jpg
Chefglenrd

Post by Chefglenrd »

Well, I just found out that the Colonial Scout is in fact an 2007 USA made official BSA utility knife. Apparently the BSA decided to go cheap and now China makes them. The BSA model number is 1883. It's really an excellent knife. I've seen a lot of the Camillus version but never a Colonial. Wish I knew a value. ??

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”