2017 Production Totals

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

2017 Production Totals

Post by robbobus »

The eagerly anticipated (by me anyway) 2017 totals came out about a week ago. I find the lists fascinating and study them when I find time. There is not as many truly limited handles much anymore as in years past, but there are a few exceptions. Only 20 blueberry 48s were accidentally made and 9 white acrylics. 7 maroon linen 66 stockmen. Is it just me or is this stuff not mandatory reading?
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2017 Production Totals

Post by Railsplitter »

I like to browse over the list too. I was especially interested in seeing how many Calf Ropers and Churchills were made. I'm not surprised at the totals for those two but I didn't even know there were any Maroon Micarta 66's made until I saw them on the list. Those went right over my head.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I can't find my Stag 78 in the totals. Do you suppose they just overlooked it?
Attachments
GEC 782217 American Jack Northfield Stag - Open Mark Labeled.JPG
GEC 782217 American Jack Northfield Stag - Pattern Number.JPG
GEC-78 Stag (1-9-18).jpg
GEC-78 Stag tray.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

Good notice. Looks like they missed all the Northfield 78 regular production except 2 blade brown jigged bone. Fairly large 1000 plus miss. It will likely be corrected next year in red lettering, or before.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

robbobus wrote: Only 20 blueberry 48s were accidentally made
Just out of curiosity, how do you "accidentally" make 20 knives? I guess maybe they got the handle material mixed up or something?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

I believe it was an unintentional dye mixup when they were supposed to be green.
biglmbass

Post by biglmbass »

robbobus wrote:Good notice. Looks like they missed all the Northfield 78 regular production except 2 blade brown jigged bone. Fairly large 1000 plus miss. It will likely be corrected next year in red lettering, or before.
I read on another forum that Chris at GEC indicated some of the production totals for the Northfield line were lost due to a computer glitch. :shock:
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

biglmbass wrote:
robbobus wrote:Good notice. Looks like they missed all the Northfield 78 regular production except 2 blade brown jigged bone. Fairly large 1000 plus miss. It will likely be corrected next year in red lettering, or before.
I read on another forum that Chris at GEC indicated some of the production totals for the Northfield line were lost due to a computer glitch. :shock:
Aww crap! one, two, three, four, five................. :lol:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”