Gunstock

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
boykinlp

Gunstock

Post by boykinlp »

Any interest in the #44 Gunstock knives? I am going to get one in Cocobolo with the brass bolsters and bullet shield. Looks to be coming along fine:
image.jpeg
Larry

Each one, teach one.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Gunstock

Post by gsmith7158 »

I've got an ebony on the way and a stag Northfield in reserve. The pictures of the ebony I've seen look great. ::nod::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

I was so impressed with the ebony I put a reserve in for everything but the micarta.
Attachments
IMG_8850.jpg
IMG_8847.jpg
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I want an Ebony Gunstock but I've already exceeded my knife budget this month. I might put a knife up for sale to raise the funds but I'm not sure yet.

Can someone post a pic with the Clip blade closed and the Pen blade fully open?
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Railsplitter wrote:I want an Ebony Gunstock but I've already exceeded my knife budget this month. I might put a knife up for sale to raise the funds but I'm not sure yet.
Rick,
I know what you mean! Lots of nice knives coming up soon. One thing I am wondering is, I am reading the Ebony Gunstock is bringing rave reviews, does that mean that the other handle materials should be the same quality? Or, will each be a separate entity? I am hoping the quality will be the same throughout.
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

boykinlp wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:I want an Ebony Gunstock but I've already exceeded my knife budget this month. I might put a knife up for sale to raise the funds but I'm not sure yet.
Rick,
I know what you mean! Lots of nice knives coming up soon. One thing I am wondering is, I am reading the Ebony Gunstock is bringing rave reviews, does that mean that the other handle materials should be the same quality? Or, will each be a separate entity? I am hoping the quality will be the same throughout.
Larry
Larry,
I would just about bet that the others will be the same quality. Hope so anyway.
Rick T.

m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Yes, lots of interest here! I've got a goldenrod on reserve and the productions pics look amazing. Thanks JohnR for posting the comparison pic with the 77 jack. I've been almost crying myself to sleep at night wishing I could get a 77 clip jack, and the #44 blades appear to be almost the same length. Come to find out I really like Tidioute-style clip blades. Anyway, if you can trust the specs from DLT, the 44 clip is a hair longer than the 77 clip! ::woot:: Yet the 44 has a shorter and to me, more interesting, frame. Win/win!

For now at least, I'll pass on the NF 44s because of the brass and the long swedge on the clip that I just can't warm up to. Yet. I spent a short time at a certain senior military college in East Texas where I shined LOTS of brass. Enough brass polishing to last me a lifetime. So I'm not much of a brass fan. But my tastes evolve over time, and I certainly might change my mind about the NF 44s by the end of this run.

Lee
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I reserved the NF 44 with the brass and the bullet shield. Apparently my interest in this knife is the opposite of everybody else's. I like the gunstock pattern but the red one was the only one that really "wowed" me in a year when I overspent on a couple TCs and a couple NF 77s plus overdid it a little on the 43. ::paranoid:: ::smirk::

I suspect that I might like it more than I anticipated and that at least some of the versions I might like will still be available after my dealer's reservations all clear (or somewhere else). I always warm to ebony but with a gunstock I prefer the accouterments usually reserved for the NF runs.

With any luck I'll find one that knocks me out and there'll be a little left over in the budget to sneak one in. :lol:
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
JET79

Post by JET79 »

I switched my reserve to the Goldenrod before I saw a finished product on the Ebony. I really like the Ebony but just saw the Goldenrod this morning and I'm pretty stoked about em!
IMG_4911.jpg
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Yep, me too JET79. I have never owned a GEC Gunstock and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one. Only fitting that my reserve is at GunstockJackKnives! ::tu::
Love all Jacks
Txjohn

Post by Txjohn »

Not sure Tidioute posted above is golden rod . Looks like antique yellow to me . Perhaps Rendezvous special?
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Txjohn wrote:Not sure Tidioute posted above is golden rod . Looks like antique yellow to me . Perhaps Rendezvous special?
Txjohn, that's has to be Golden Rod since it has the nickel bolsters. I just looked on the GEC website and under "Our Cover and #44 Tidioute Cutlery, Buffalo Jack (Gunstock)", this picture is also posted:
image.jpeg
The Golden Rod knife is going to have the Tidioute shield instead of the one shown on the original poster.

Found this too.
image.jpeg
Larry

Each one, teach one.
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Git in mah pocket!! ::drool::
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Yep, won't be long for these jigbones now. ::tu::
Love all Jacks
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

The 44 I just got (Ebony) is a spectacular example of Cutlery craftsmanship! I was disappointed last year in the 38 Churchill. Poor hafting—the brass liners (on my Ebony) stuck up above the handles on top all the way on both sides and the W&T was not good. The brass liner was proud enough to catch and slide your fingernail all over with out going off the track. Very disappointed :( I guess GEC (Bill Howard) got the workforce up to speed and this 44 proves it!
Lloyd
Txjohn

Post by Txjohn »

boykinlp wrote:
Txjohn wrote:Not sure Tidioute posted above is golden rod . Looks like antique yellow to me . Perhaps Rendezvous special?
Txjohn, that's has to be Golden Rod since it has the nickel bolsters. I just looked on the GEC website and under "Our Cover and #44 Tidioute Cutlery, Buffalo Jack (Gunstock)", this picture is also posted:

image.jpeg

The Golden Rod knife is going to have the Tidioute shield instead of the one shown on the original poster.

Found this too.
Photo poste
image.jpeg
Photo posted by jet79 look different from your post .
I agree your posted photos are golden rod .
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Great LLOYD! Glad you got one of these fine knives. GEC has the best quality in the business!
Love all Jacks
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Does anyone have an OD green micarta example to post? I have seen GEC's pics but it is hard to get a good idea of the actual color, seems like they look almost black in their pics. Anyone have one in hand?
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

These photos of the stag handles going on the 44 gunstock have me quite excited about my reserve. ::nod::
Attachments
IMG_5023 (1).jpg
IMG_5022.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
singin46

Post by singin46 »

My #44 Goldenrod Jig Tidioute arrived this week and it is a great knife! Serious walk and talk, beautiful brass back springs and a very vintage look to it.
Great weight and fit finish. when I puller it out of the tube, it needed to be flushed a bit but once my Quick Release kicked in, it was perfect! Thank you Barry,aka GunstockJack, who has been a friend for many years, for getting me this great GEC!
IMG_0515.jpg
44DCBBCF-B9D6-4502-B9B4-EF9CD2FC70B5.jpg
Love all Jacks
JET79

Post by JET79 »

Oh man singin that looks awesome! I’m out and about right now but I know mine will there when I get home!
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Cool and thanks Jet! We want to see yours too! :mrgreen:
Love all Jacks
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

singin46 wrote:My #44 Goldenrod Jig Tidioute arrived this week and it is a great knife! Serious walk and talk, beautiful brass back springs and a very vintage look to it.
Great weight and fit finish. when I puller it out of the tube, it needed to be flushed a bit but once my Quick Release kicked in, it was perfect! Thank you Barry,aka GunstockJack, who has been a friend for many years, for getting me this great GEC!
IMG_0515.jpg
44DCBBCF-B9D6-4502-B9B4-EF9CD2FC70B5.jpg
Perry, your knife has some great color! That's the best pic I've seen yet of the Goldenrod Bone. Very nice!
Rick T.

JET79

Post by JET79 »

Oh man.... I am really diggin this knife. I don’t feel like the pictures do it justice. Got this one from Collector Knives. I think I may get a couple more as gifts.
Attachments
image.jpg
CD9E167E-6E9C-4F92-8C8F-63D8277330E6.jpeg
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Yep, they're beauties alright! Congrats, Jet! ::tu::
Love all Jacks

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”