NCCA show Portland ME

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

NCCA show Portland ME

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Is anyone here going to the NCCA show in Portland Maine this coming Sunday? Or know anything about it?

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: NCCA show Portland ME

Post by glennbad »

If all goes well, I will be there. I've never been to one up in Maine, always in Mass. or CT.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I likely will not go even though I'd like to check it out but it is a five hour drive there and likely longer returning home in all the weekend vacationer traffic. This is a new show date and location for the NCCA which I am a life member of. There will be 50 6' tables available so it will be a smaller one day show sort of like their Marlboro, MA shows. The two day show in CT at the end of April or early May each year is a really fine show, and the smaller shows always have quality goods available. If this ME show wasn't so far I'd be there.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

We're staying at a place on Rockland Harbor so I'm gonna try to get over there and check it out. Hopefully if I leave here early enough Sunday morning the traffic won't be too bad. ::pray:: Glenn it will be great to meet you if I can find you, and any other AAPK folks also - I'll likely be the only Texan there! :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

I made a quick visit to the NCCA show, nice people,great knives and some local custom people :) i did get some items i was looking for one was a sheath for my uncles PSK and a buckle to match my Grandsons
Attachments
IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_20180715_130952736.jpg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I hope you got to go Mumbley! Wish I'd have been there just to meet you. Gard, what time did you take that photo, place looks dead!?!?
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

GD, what time were you there? Steve and I were hanging around, I left around 11 or so. Sorry if I missed you
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I was there too but didn't arrive until 11:30. Looked at all the tables, met some nice folks, and picked up a nice KA-BAR Hobo from Art Green before we left.

Sorry I missed ya'll, was hoping to meet some AAPK folks but had a good time anyway and saw some nice cutlery. Would have liked to stay longer but had to get on down to Boston to catch our flight home.

First knife show I've been to in several years - the ones in Texas have all been "Gun and Knife" shows for many years now.

Ken
IMG_20180715_1748279.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20180715_1748060.jpg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

glennbad wrote:GD, what time were you there? Steve and I were hanging around, I left around 11 or so. Sorry if I missed you
Had a shoot today gut there around 12:15 till1:30 short but nice.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Guess we missed each other cuz except for a quick trip to the men's room I was there from 11:30 until about 1. ::facepalm:: I was wearing a blue Texas Rangers baseball cap - figured that would stand out here in Red Sox country. ::paranoid:: I asked a couple of dealers if they'd seen anybody from AAPK but they said no. One guy said he didn't "do any of that Internet stuff".

Sure sorry I missed you. I'd have been there earlier but couldn't get my wife away from her sister in Owls Head. ::dang::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Glad to hear you had a good time Ken ::tu:: ... Sorry I missed you though I wasn't at this show - I'm usually at the NCCA shows but couldn't make this one up in Maine which was a new venue.. Thanks for the photos too - does look slow if that was between 11:-1 pm :shock: ... usually have a fairly good turnout in Massachusetts and especially Mystic CT...

Edit: Sorry Gardogg and forgot to note ::dang:: that I was sorry to have missed seeing you as well ::handshake::

Sounds like Glen and Steve did the early run ::nod:: ... Hope it had a better turnout early in the show?
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Seemed a little more quiet than Marlboro. Maybe a little too far for the CT and southern MA crowd to go, understandable.

Sorry we missed you guys :(
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Just noticed in gdogg's picture, that's me and my wife waaaaay in the back. :lol: I'm talking to Art (tall balding fellow in the picture) - that's about the time I was buying the KA-BAR from him. I'm wearing that blue cap. We had to leave shortly afterward. :(

Ken
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (20.98 KiB) Viewed 1845 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Nice Hobo, Ken!

I got a few myself. Someone had a few nice displays on their table, I took some pics.
portland1.jpg
portland2.jpg
portland3.jpg
portland5.jpg
That last picture was all customs, there was some nice names in there.

Here's my haul...
portland4.jpg
From top to bottom...
Troll Germany EO
Robeson (left)
Camillus 4-blade 4-line
Schrade Cutco
Bruckmann

Here's my favorite though, a Schrade Walden 804. I'm sure this was done by Herman Williams, but not marked as such. The seller thinks he did it in the late 70's. It's a dandy!
hw804-2.jpg
hw804-3.jpg
hw804-1.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

That Schrade is a really nice one Glenn. There were several other nice Schrades there too. Art had some really nice knives, the best were in rolls under the table. He brought them out once he found out what my interests were. Some real beauties - most of them beyond my meager means. ::dang:: But it was great to get to see them! ::super_happy::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Just noticed in gdogg's picture, that's me and my wife waaaaay in the back. :lol: I'm talking to Art (tall balding fellow in the picture) - that's about the time I was buying the KA-BAR from him. I'm wearing that blue cap. We had to leave shortly afterward. :(

Ken
I'll be damned :wink: i just bought my PSK sheath from Mr Green moments before that pic ::shrug::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

You guys need to swap cell phone numbers before going to the show. That way you can link up easily. It's a shame you two walked right by each other and never made a connection.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

U gut that right Phil that would have been too easy ::shrug:: I really didn't think I could make the show.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

You guys need to come to the Blade Show next year. I'll introduce you to a bunch of our AAPK brothers. :)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “General Knife Discussion”